Spriggan form Spirit thorns Not poisoning

I have 9 ranks in Nightshade fangs, for 90% poison chance on spells. 2 ranks in Nightshade in the Spriggan form node for another +40% poison chance for 130% total (none on my gear currently).

So I do not seem to be getting poison procs on Spirit thorns hits even with 130% poison chance. Also, Intuitively since the spell specifically states it hits multiple time, I feel like I should get 1.3 poison procs per hit.

Update: after some more testing it does appear to apply some poison, but… certainly not on every cast, or even every hit. I’ve been using large enemies I can hit with every thorn. I can maintain about 3 stacks of poison. I’m wondering if the poison chance is getting divided or perhaps the 90% from the class skill tree is not being applied somehow? It says poison chance with spells, and spirit thorns is classified as a spell.

Spirit thorns have 40% less ailment chance, and if my math is correct, then you should have a 90% chance to apply poison which technacilly means you will not poison with every hit. Each spirit thorn projectile should apply the 90% though.

I did notice that later after making this. So 40% less would be 130 * .6 for 78% But Honestly after testing there’s no way it was at 78%. I’ve since pumped it up to 300% chance to poison which should be 180% per hit, and I’m getting about 1 stack per cast. It’s possible the 90% from the druid skilltree isn’t working. which would bring it to 126% which would be consistent with getting about 1 per cast, if you only get 1 per cast instead of 1 per projectile.

I did a bit more testing, it seems clear to me that the Nighshade fangs node is not recognizing spirit thorns as a spell.

Now Umbral blades has the same verbage about 40% less chance to apply ailments and I get a great many stacks on each ability use with similar levels of poison chance. There is some clear issue with this spell and stacking poisons. Also the poisons just don’t seem to do near as much damage as I would expect relative to my rogue whose poisons granted are stacking higher but are doing many thousands of damage per tick, where the druid has higher damage per poison according to my stat sheet, but does very little due to the low stacking (and most of my poisons ending up coming from minions and their poison damage seems quite low).

Just wanted to chime in and say I can confirm your testing results. Nightshade Fangs works just fine with every spell I tried (as long it has the “spell” tag and not “damage over time”, of course, since those can’t “hit”).

Is this confirmed as a bug?

I haven’t found any issue with specific nodes such as Nightshade Fangs, but in my tests I am seeing on average fewer poison stacks from Spirit Thorns than expected. I’ll keep looking into it, any additional information is appreciated. Thanks for the report!

I’ll do some more testing. I do wish the poison counter actually counted the number of poisons instead of displaying 15+. it would make seeing how many are being inflicted a bit easier. I haven’t played that guy since this post, he can’t beat the snake boss lady currently. she just Beelines for him in phase 2 and beats him to death because he has 0 mobility or burst dps.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.