Sound effects

I found a lot of the skills to sound muffled and subdued, like from distance away. Skills such as upheaval do not have the weight or impact that suits the visual animation.

Also, I think the sound design need more improvements in the directionality. Like a lot of the skills feel like it is coming from the character in the screen. However, I feel that it would be better if the skill sound fx are centered around the player rather than ingame char. My 2 cents.

This is how I feel about so many skills. It’s like the sound designer is specifically avoiding the use of bass for some unknown reason.

I barely have played Strike skills in PoE and I can still remember the feel and sound of bashing a mob in with X skill + an explodey mod on it.

Here I would expect the same when you’re using Maul or something like Erasing Strike except it isn’t there.

You can’t have a name like Erasing Strike with an overhand smash animation and make it not have a big impact with bass.

I’m thinking of doing a skill-by-skill analysis of all classes and giving feedback for each one but it’s quite a lot to go through, hopefully more people will share in this thread so I don’t have to haha

1 Like

Also i assume that sound designer has some high def speakers which can produce bass very easily.
Sounds should also test with pretty basic setup or even worse.

I reckon with examples sound designer can do some magic and bring game more alive with sounds.

I’ll add Rip Blood to the list. It’s barely audible at all, to the point where I’m sometimes wondering if it’s triggering properly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.