Soulfire Relic Hungering Souls Fire Conversion Problem - Interaction With Calamity

Calamity appears to not be triggering it’s self-ignite on kill with a fire skill when using Hungering Souls converted to fire with the Soulfire relic. Guess would be that it’s looking at the base skill and not the converted fire tagged skill since it has to be a fire skill to trigger the self ignite. The helm appears to be confused about Hungering Souls being a fire skill basically, even thought it’s tagged as fire once it’s converted. Since it won’t set me on fire when I kill things, the +armor proc on Soulfire won’t go off. This seems broken, as it’s a combination that would work wonderfully together, and converted Hungering Souls is most certainly a fire skill, tag and all. So… can we get that looked at? Cheers :slight_smile:

We will look into this.

Thanks for the report.

Well, there’s also the problem that Calamity does not self ignite. It’s some weird unique 2s dot, but not an ignite. So even if it triggers it won’t turn on the armor boost of Soulfire.

While you could roll it that way, it seems a bit goofy that a cool dual item interaction like would be stuffed by how the wording happened to go ;p Even if that’s the case and it wasn’t intended to be an ignite, it darn well should be. It’s too cool to ignore - and without it the self-ignite is just a silly minor irritation. This way it’s a silly minor irritation with a specific purpose in life, and makes using Calamity in the head slot (and losing +skills affixes for Hungering Souls in their entirety which hurts - trust me on that one) an interesting “Time to choose…” gearing point.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.