Sorc mastery passive?

I’m not 100% certain because I wasnt specifically trying to test it but the mastery passive in sorc that gives you increased damage equal to spell mana cost didnt seem to improve my damage at all, and I was using a big mana spending ability in the form of glacier.

Did you account for the fact that it is an increased damage modifier, i. e. that it is additive with other increased damage percent buffs? That can water down the value.

I did yes, even still 54% INCREASED should be noticeable and it was not, my damage as far as im aware was unchanged.

What happens to the damage numbers on a dummy in town if you cast glacier on it (say average of 20 times), then despec the point and repeat? What about if you respec the point once again and repeat the 20 hit average a third time?

Could you share your baseline increased% values for the applicable categories? It seems like what Think0028 said is probably at play, which we could calculate with the number values.

Currently, mastery bonuses aren’t reflected in our tooltips. We plan to update this at some point to reflect damage bonuses of these types.

I did check it just in case, it is indeed giving you increased damage per mana cost of your spells.

1 Like

Clearly im just imagining things, I guess 54% just isnt as much as it sounds :frowning:

It depends how much you have. If you’ve only got 54% total increased damage then that’ll double it, if you’ve got 540% total increased then it’s only a ten percent (incrimental) increase.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.