Solo, or Self-Found?

Fair enough. :slightly_smiling_face:
I never thought of that as a specific challenge mode though… Guess it would have to be self-imposed.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to split the plaayerbase with a lot of gamemodes. For example Solo and Self-Found can be played by everyone by just playing that way. There is no need to implement something that is easiely done by playing said way.

Find people who want the same = problem solved.

I don’t like Hardcore since I lost my Pala in D2 after putting hundrets of hours in this one toon. There is enough stuff going on that is depressing me :D. So easiely done: I don’t like it and stay away from it and play with friends who look at it the same way.

1 Like

Have to disagree on that.
I “could” technically play a self-imposed solo in normal mode, by keeping track of all the shards, runes, gold, idols, this specific character picks up, and checking my list everytime I craft or spend some gold, to make sure he only only uses his own stock. Certainly doesn’t qualify as “easily”.

In other words:
Solo “by just playing this way” is impossible.
Self-Found is possible, as long as NONE of your characters ever trade or groups. If you want some mp characters, some self-found, it becomes impossible.

A very important point to keep in mind, already made by Heavy and Llama8.
I don’t believe Solo or Self-Found splits the playerbase too much, because for the most part we (as in, ssf players) wouldn’t join group activities anyway. But it is indeed something to consider and weight carefully.

2 Likes

I would enjoy the game the most if loot stayed the way it is now but I could still play with friends. Multiplayer with self found loot only sounds the best to me. I don’t want to deal with trading or an economy. I don’t want loot drops to be nerfed to account for trading.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.