So, where are my golems? Runemaster is not what you advertised at all

I guess. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I am 99%sure they don’t plan on doing DLC, so you might wait a long time.

I hope that changes, because if they plan on funding future content only through cash shop hoopla, it’ll have a not-so-great effect on the quality and nature of the game.

Full release is the way to go. You make the game, I buy it. End of transaction.

Poe is doing great and works with cashop only

PoE is not the kind of game I would want to play, and largely for the reasons I alluded to. (And I don’t.) I like Last Epoch. In fact, I prefer every game that uses the other model. No need to make another PoE, we already have one. I think one’s enough.

I think people are getting hung up on the term DLC. We will continue to add content regularly for everyone who has purchased the game. I think DLC implies an expansion style content where people pay for content that can split the player base.

I’m sorry you feel betrayed about the class not being what you expected. It is constantly evolving and I tried to spread the word this past year that runemaster wouldn’t have a pet as we initially thought. I’m sorry we weren’t clear enough on that.

6 Likes

Wait, is the Runemaster actually being released in September?

Yes (5 chars).

I appreciate the reply, though it doesn’t make it less disappointing. I’m just so freaking tired of how the only things you are ever allowed to summon in ARPGs are animals and undead. It’s like there is some kind of shadowy government agency that comes out when you start making an ARPG and says “Those are the only two aesthetics that are allowed for summoning, you have been warned!”

So, are there more mage subclasses in the works as future content? Maybe we can have an elemental summoner who can call forth giant elementals or swarms of tiny volatile ones, or maybe magic golems are not creatures with a will of their own but more like piloted suits that the mage puts on, so it’s like an arcane artificer class that transforms. There are a lot of possibilities.

The description with the golem is still up on the website right now by the way.

https://lastepoch.com/class/mage

1 Like

Why don’t you, as a company, change the mastery description on the game’s official website, a primary source of information for potential customers, then? It still holds the old, outdated, and at this point incorrect/misleading information even though the plans for the mastery seem to have changed a long time ago.

This kind of reminds me of the online-offline MTX issue, even though there was money involved in that case. Supporter packs contained MTX and they were available right away in the offline mode of the game. The shop or your website as a whole didn’t say anything about online-exclusivity once the online mode would be available. And then the online mode was released and suddenly the MTX, we paid for and that worked perfectly fine in offline, was gone from the offline mode, without being notified of that change, not even through the patch notes.

Manifest Armor, Forged Weapons and Ballistae say hold my :beers:

1 Like

Yea, exactly, this game

Yea, the fact that Last Epoch is actually making good moves toward breaking out of the same old same old of every ARPG makes it so much more disappointing that they fell short here.

What is “every ARPG”? Grim Dawn has a ton of summons that aren’t animals or undead. PoE has a ton of summons that aren’t animals or undead. Those may be the 2 most popular aRPG’s behind Diablo.

1 Like

I’ve just put in a request to have that description updated. Sent them a screenshot of the mistake.

So I don’t want you to get your hopes up for this type of content on a future mage subclass any time soon. We aren’t specifically avoiding that style of minion (technically it’s already in the game on Primalist). We do have other specific plans for what the 4th mage mastery will eventually be, it’s actually probably the most decided of all the 4ths so far. (And just like the Runemaster was, very subject to change)

I know this hasn’t helped with what you’re hoping to see. I do think that we have more non-undead and non-animal minions than you might think. Elemental, animated objects, insect, mechanical and human summons are already all in the game too.

We will continue to expand the various skill options as we go too. It just might not be the specific combination of a mage summoning elemental golems. Really all I can say for sure is that it’s not the Runemaster doing it.

3 Likes

It’s not even necessarily summons that are are the end all be all for what I consider a great character class, I just like to play characters that deal indirect damage. Turrets, minions, minefields, basically anything that lets me manipulate the battlefield in such a way that my enemies kill themselves. Like I played a mortar trap build in Grim Dawn, and my longest play of Last Epoch so far was on a totem Shaman.

I just really enjoy the mage thematically and aesthetically and it’s annoying that it’s the one class that doesn’t have any options.

Frost Wall, Glyph of Dominion and several of the Runic Invocations sound like what you’re talking about here. Even one of the conversion nodes on Runebolt turns it into a turret. Also some of the stuff in Flame Rush has synergistic functionality and theming.

I’m not saying it’s exactly what you’re looking for but there might be something for you in it that you find fun. I hope you enjoy it, and if not, maybe we’ll do better with another upcoming class…

5 Likes

I’ll definitely give it a shot, sounds like it could be cool.

As do the Primalist totems & the relic that summons a Merc. And the Spriggan form wisps.

1 Like

Mike already talked about some of these options and I can confirm, some of these look and play extremely cool.

There are two Invocations that put down a Antipode, that will do different things.

Antipode Invocations

One is casting Runebolt for you (with skill spec tree)

The other one is basically if you combine a Black Hole with a Nuke (after a short delay it sucks in the entire screen and then goes off)

If you combine the first option with the Node in Runebolt that puts down a Runestone that casts Runebolt instead, you can feel like the entire screen gets deleted while you cna freely run around.

There is so much more stuff like that as well, but you definitely should try it yourself.

1 Like

In case you haven’t gotten a chance to see this yet.