So the new D4 Quarterly dev blog come out and meh

I always play without damage numbers in arpgs. I actually wish in Last Epoch we could disable the labels for gold, health potions and the scrolling display of looting items/gold etc. that currently appears near the character. Maybe I need to make a feedback post…

It’s hard to say. On another hand, Wolcen is also visually splendid. I just hope D4 will not bas as “color-harmonized” as Wolcen.

Wolcen has beautiful spell effects and so much amazing-looking armour you can customize with dyes. I don’t think I’ve seen so much detail in any other game tbh…but that’s pretty much the only good I have to say about Wolcen.

I can’t even be bothered to pay much attn to D4 updates these days as I just have little faith in the game. Only thing that has impressed me with D4 are some of the druid spell effects and a couple sorceress effects.
If they go the D3 route again with having a bunch of different bright aoe ground effects and targeting circles everywhere I don’t think my eyes could handle that again.

LE is nice so far in that regard; not much visual clutter.

No shit… How about an option that hides all that while in combat. I don’t need all that clutter when I’m trying to dodge 50 mobs on the screen all trying to launch AoE attacks on me.

1 Like

The fact that is suppose to be an open world sounds very cool for a ARPG.

1 Like

Diablo 4 is gonna be shit i guarantee you there will be no endgame at all on the release day but theres still gonna be alot of people playing it becuz of bli$$ard fanbase but it will never have as much endgame like PoE for example

POE is overloaded with similar mechanic/content in my opinion after years. It is opposite side of problem. Blizz has fanbase but they are more cautious after last releases under Activision. Most of my friends (me included) are waiting till we see results and none of us will give money to Blizz before release and reviews. Blizz lost their status.

1 Like

I will play any aRPG that has native controller support which D4 will have. I was a fan of course of D1-3, D3 was a weird game in general however I have no issues on the cost of the game on release and have zero expectations and willing to give it a chance. Maybe Blizzard have learned some things …probably not but we’ll see one day

Thought the D4 update was quite interesting, when i heard paragon, my heart skipped a beat, but the reveal of the paragon boards put it back in time again, its looking very good.

But dont worry blizard/diablo haters, i have some important news for you below.

You dont have to pay attention to the game or buy it, i know mind blowing right?

4 Likes

I’m mixed in feelings about this Paragon board.

If it has a limited amount of points you can put in to make your character look different, i’m all in for it.

But if it endless mainstat farming like in D3 its a hard skip IMO.

My impression from last year hasn’t changed so far - they are repeating many of the mistakes from D3 which will hurt replayability and longevity of the game a lot, imo.

Time will tell, I doubt I will ever be giving Blizzard more of my money though, especially with LE and PoE delivering the best ARPG content we’ve ever seen in droves.

Looks like most think the current cap is 4 points per level between level 50 and 100 (which is max). So 200 points to spend and one board having like 150 nodes. So at this state it looks like they go for no endless farming :slight_smile:

D3s best part is the feeling of the controls and the skills and the flow of the game. No other game beats that. S tier.

D4 looks visually really good and I think it is nice that skills and spells will be visually more impressing the higher level they are.

1 Like

Can they get away from set items and actually have build diversity that you make yourself though? That is the real question. I have little faith.

Same, honestly. One of the main reasons I’ve been able to play LE for so long is because of native controller support.

what do you mean? anything d4 related wasnt impressive so far.
the areas ive seen looked uninspired and lazy put together.

accept the reality that blizzard became another EA and rather kills their IP’s to make another dime than you having fun in their game

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.