So I know Runemaster is coming out Sept. 7th but

Is there a chance it get released sometime this weekend because of the labor day weekend it would be awesome to have it get released right before a national three day weekend.

I’ve always been curious what goes on behind the scenes for these patch updates, are you guys actively working on stuff constantly up to the patch date or are you waiting for the day and doing other stuff?

Lol. What labor day weekend?

:crazy_face: from someone way on the otherside of the world.

1 Like

The world doesn’t exist, we all live in one country

4 Likes

if you aint rootin and tootin, and yeehawin, you aint real.

Simple.

1 Like

A lot of people who run third party resources make plans based on launch dates that we say. Moving that up with no warning this close to the date could be really frustrating for them.

Ideally the build we made today is the one that gets used in the patch. I do know that won’t be the case though as we are still working on some finishing touches for things like fallback fonts for translated text in certain situations.

Basically we have various stages of “locking”. We are in the final stage before the patch but we have to keep testing and polishing.

So with all that in mind, no, it won’t launch early.

6 Likes

Y’all just jealous. :crazy_face: :us:

Shhhhhh, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

I’m an independent contractor so I have no idea what labor day is. I work when I can get it.

Well fair enough! I appreciate getting an actual answer from someone in Eleventh Hour Games.

So there are things being polished in the patch up to the patch day, interesting.

How much testing is done on all of it before final release day? Are there minor adjustments up to a certain date/time?

Well, if everything went perfectly to planned, nothing would change between yesterday and patch day at all. This week is for emergency fixes in case something we missed something really bad. Having a stable build is generally more important than getting that one last little thing in. So we playtest like crazy for the last bit to find any absolutely critical bugs and some early hotfix targets.

5 Likes

What holiday? Last weekend was a 3 day weekend.

Not in Scotland :scotland:

Yeah, but they’re weird up there, they eat Sheep intestines.

1 Like

Tell me about it, can’t wait to go back in a proper country

2 Likes

heh heh, sheep intestines bah…

come down to the third world before you start complaining about your michelin star Haggis.

2 Likes