So how's Diablo 4?

I don’t think the game that has been around longer is “trying to be like D4.”

2 Likes

I actually meant D3/4 since Diablo shifted to a ‘resource generator/spender’ type playstyle with no resource potions from D3 onward and LE is trying to emulate the playstyle but dont give you enough ways to get resource back quickly so you just avoid it. In Diablo 2 you just used Infinity runeword on a Merc and have infinite mana or mana leech on a Barb or you drank mana Potions…that was the whole games resource management

Im playing Druid and have no passive Spirit generation at all at and hate it but I can get Spirit on kill and refill my Spirit from nil to full in a few basic attacks which im stacking attack speed

In this game im just a one of many fat Druids. I dont remember anything in the story about being ‘chosen’ just the fact Mephisto thinks you can kill Lillith so he helps you, bear in mind I skipped almost every cutscene from after the beta

Its very polished - no lag whatsoever - have not found any bugs whatsoever

I totally love it so far.
Graphics and atmosphere are great, and there is A LOT to explore and discover, just what I like. Really a lot, it seems gigantic.
To the point I am not sure I will play seasons, it would take me more than two months to explore everything and I like to see every small details in a game…

Also, one incredible thing:
I have been playing since launch day, and we are talking about a many millions players launch.
I haven’t seen the slightest bit of login queues, zero disconnects, no lag whatsoever.
For a launch of such a scale, this is absolutely unheard of. Simply amazing.

2 Likes

It’s more stable and a lot less buggier than LE. That’s for sure.

1 Like

I’d like to ask 3 things…

Can I easily trade with people just by dropping items, without any nonsense about having to be with them when the item dropped or farm some nonsense maguffin just to give an item to a friend?

Is respecing cheap and instant without any nonsense about losing actual progression just because I wanted to experiment with skills?

How many Alts can I create? Hopefully there is no nonsense restriction like a mere 20 slots. If buy into an ARPG, it is going to be for years and I need way more than 20 Alts. I have 40 in Grim Dawn.

I am so impressed with D4 graphics that I think it is inevitable I’ll migrate there despite not really liking D3, but the above questions would stop me playing long term if answered in the negative.

Yes, there’s a small gold cost to respec skill points (& you do that by right clicking or there’s a button to respec everything all at once), not got to Paragon yet so i can’t speak for that.

Why would need more alts than 1 per class? Respeccing skill points is quick and easy then theres the gear that you might want to change.

No idea about trade or partying up since my friend was having severe lag issues when partied.

If it doesn’t support 94 alts, then I’m not interested.

If you don’t know already, then I cannot tell you.

Do you think that works when my wife says it? No? Then why do you think it’ll work for you?

1 Like

You can have as many alts as you want, they’re just going to be 1 character per class…

Yeah, not gonna work for me, I need at least 30 rogues, 30 Necros, 30 Barbs, etc. That’s just how I roll.

Not traded, havent found the need to trade, so sorry cannot answer that one.

Respec is cheap enough, with your first 8 points free, then with an icremental increase per point respecced.

10 slots for alts currently, but you dont really need anymore than that in all honesty, its so easy to respec, literally anywhere in the world, you dont have to go to a special place to do it or anything like that.

For you maybe.
But I get in moods. I want to play different builds, and having to “respec and also regear” every time is a non-starter.
90 slots or bust.

I’ve been playing since EA and also one of the open betas.

The game really is quite polished and the MP is stellar. Truly feels as an AAA title. Has some minor bugs here and there but nothing to write home about.

The combat is a bit too slow compared to most ARPGs, slow even compared to LE, which is already slower than PoE, Wolcen or Torchlight infinite. You’ll have to manage 12s, 20s, and 1m cooldowns in your kit, and you’re neforced with basic attack, and core is your main damage dealer and is no way around that system.

Itemization is bland, ready for casuals, most of the affixes are irrelevant and adds very little.

Skill system: also very bland. A build is their skills + legendary powers, I’m level 58, paragon is way simpler that it may initially seems, and is mostly enhancing your already functioning build.

The open world (completionism) and MMO elements are not for everyone, and the story part of the game is a slog, those that are in ARPGs for the gameplay, will have a hard time liking this game.

A horrible take. Actually in D4 gear matters very little, most of it is green number and equip (weapon damage and “armor”). Itemization is VERY bland, 90% of it is just weapon damage, crit chance, cooldown and maybe movement. Everything else is just sprinkles that doesn’t help or hamper your build too much.

Maybe you got the timelines wrong, LE combat happened before D4, so would be the other way around. But it isn’t, as both combat systems have little to do with each other. One of the worst takes i’ve seen in a while.

2 Likes

Because it is an absolute truism. It is just one of those questions that if you are asked you know there is no point in answering because the person will just not get it or not appreciate your answer. If they would, then they would not ask. You either get why people want a ton of Alts, or you don’t, right?

Similarly, I would never ask someone why they were happy with only a single char, because I’d simply not get it.

Well i can only answer for me, so dont know what to tell you.

It’s kind of tedious honestly. Surprised to see so much praise for it here. The D4 forums are a lot more negative.

There is very little build diversity. Going from LE to that was really jarring. Every class has like 1 or 2 skills that work, everything else is underpowered. There is very little depth - even the paragon board is just a bunch of +mainstat with an occasional different %boost to something.

Leveling is slow and you don’t feel a sense of character progression because everyone auto-levels with you. Resource regeneration is very slow and you’re forced to use auto attack between your real abilities, which can be used about every 10 seconds. It’s going to be monotonous unless you’re running some kind of optimized maxroll build.

Items are whatever. Not terribly exciting, but there are a few good drops that can make a difference in your build.

The “open world” feels empty and bleak for the most part. You see other players running around sometimes. I don’t really have an opinion on that, it doesn’t change the experience of the game really at all. I guess so many people complained that d3 was “too colorful” so they took out all the color besides red. I’m not a fan but some people think it adds to the “feel” so there’s that.

The end game might be just as much of a slog as leveling, I’ve only just started but that’s what I’ve heard.

Some people didn’t like the story but I did. Lilith was an interesting anti-villain imo.

Overall like 6-7/10. Last epoch is better in most ways.

3 Likes

How do you figure? Is this what you get from sites like maxroll?
Sorc has at least 5 main skills that you can build around right now. It’s actually probably more, but I haven’t really looked into it very close, because Blizzard is too much fun and great clear (yet somehow missing from tier lists).

I definitely use Blizzard very frequently (way more than once per 10 seconds) alongside my basic, which also does a lot of damage on its own. Exaggerating a bit, I think.

1 Like

If you’re playing world tier 1 anything is viable. Most gamers (like me) have too much pride though, so everything I’m saying is based on WT2 and higher.

I rolled a sorc and have only been able to make ice shards work. Arc lash is the other viable option, but it’s melee and boring in my opinion. Nothing else really works that well. I tried incinerate, fireball, meteor, chain lightning. They don’t hit for much and take too much mana.

I stand by what I said with regards to build diversity. The skill tree almost pulls off the illusion that there’s a lot of options, but when you actually look at the skills you’re basically forced into one of maybe three cookie cutter playstyles. LE has a lot more options. I’m playing a build right now, pushing 600 corruption, and it’s not on a tier list anywhere, I just made it up. Get to the end game of d4 and you’ll find you have to roll one of the top builds or just get crushed.