Skill: Void Cleave; Talent: Obliterator. Should it be affected by crit avoidance?

The wording of obliterator ‘If Void Cleave hit atleast one enemy your next Erasing Strike is always a critical strike’, however any form of % crit avoidance modifiers makes it not crit unless I have the crit chance myself to make up for the % avoid.

Not sure if a bug, but if wording is meant to mean anything, then ‘Always’ should be high enough % base crit to counteract any map mods, or the wording should be changed to better reflect the talents nature.

Crit avoidance is applied after a hit is rolled to be a crit so it takes precedence. From memory the crit avoidance in monolith is “only” ~25% or something so most of your Erasing Strikes should still crit.

Well yes obviously it works and not like the skill is fundamentally broken, but I’m talking semantics. It doesn’t say ‘will crit most of the time’ albeit that would be hilarious.

1 Like

“Always crit” nodes give you 100% flat critical strike chance. This can be mitigated by critical strike avoidance modifiers, therefore this is intentional.

Thank you for the report.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.