Skill icons are overused

When upgrading skills I keep seeing the same icons being used. I’m sure this is just an early access thing, but if for some reason it isn’t I wanted to bring this up.

yip, probably entirely early access graphics needing to be updated… its WAY better than it was years ago so its likely just time.

While we will continue to add more and more unique icons for these things, sometimes it’s really good to have a similar or recoloured icon ready to go. Making a node a Flame Reave that works with Fireball? Maybe have that icon be the Fireball icon so people know immediately what it’s about. This isn’t the only reason to intentionally reuse an icon and they do get reused too often still. We basically create new icons for various things and they all get put into the node icon pool. When you see unique icons as nodes, it’s usually because those were skill icon concepts that didn’t make the cut or were changed.

6 Likes

I appreciate the response!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.