Siege Captain is terrible

Reason: If you want a shield, which I assume Siege Captain knows you want, and you want to throw the stupid shield, which I do, why on earth do you make the damage buff physical only? There is precious little block effectiveness, and now it’s gated behind physical damage. What if I want to do fire? Do I waste half the node? Do I completely respect my shield throw from scratch?

Not a fan of this decision at all shakes fist.

Wouldnt say its terrible… definitely would not say its “gated”… sure it would be nice if it followed the throwing damage trend of boosting both fire & physcial each time (like in the passives) but it really isnt that bad (imho).

Even with the reduction in Shield block effectiveness in the recent patch, the Shield Throw pally builds still work fine. See Captain America Build

Honestly, I have found that shield block works fine from about 40% and you really dont need 60% to make a block build work especially if you have a fair amount of armour and crit avoidance to support it. Getting 70%+ block was seriously op so I figure thats why they probably reduced the shield implicit a little.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.