Shattershock node description

The effects of the Shattershock node in Lightning Blast aren’t very clear. Maybe an alt tooltip to better explain it? Tooltip included for reference
https://imgur.com/a/N4sy2N8

What part is unclear?

1 Like

As the pasty dino said, what is unclear? It has 2 modifiers, more hit damage v chilled and more hit damage v shocked. It’s like the Closed Circuit node in that it provides two separate benefits.

I’m glad it makes perfect sense to the both of you. It is not clear to me. The description does not say or suggest to me that the two bonuses are multiplicative with each other or that you can get a bonus for each ailment. “more damage to chilled or shocked.”

All I’m asking for is clarity on a description. I don’t need an explanation of what it does as I’ve already figured this out after getting an incorrect answer from multiple knowledgeable individuals.

every single more damage modifier is multiplicative.

I think that both modifiers are listed seperately under the description is clearifying this.

Feels like I’m getting attacked just for asking for more clarity in a tooltip… What is wrong with asking for more clarity in a tooltip? This is not 100% clear to everyone and therefore it could use more clarity. That’s it. I’m not asking for a game redesign. Please get out of here if you just want to tell me I’m wrong. Thanks.

Nobody here is attacking you or devalueing your feedback. So yes, if we just look at the isolated node description (without the listed modifiers) it is confusing.

1 Like

I think he’s confused by the “or” part in the description being followed by the detail listing two separate modifiers. To put it another way, he’s kind of asking if he gets the bonus twice if the target is frozen and shocked since there are modifiers for each condition and it doesn’t specify that they are mutually exclusive.

OP can correct me if I’m wrong, ofc.

Yes, I was confused by that.
After getting an accurate description of what the node does, I posted this suggestion.
To reiterate, I’m not asking what it does; I’m asking for the tooltip to be clarified so that the node is more clear and the effects are unmistakable to others that may come to Last Epoch in the future.

What was the answer you got about how it works?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.