Shard of the shattered lance set* Cold meele damage bug?

Hey, i feel like there is something wrong with the dmg on this set.
it has +85 meele cold damage, 94%increased meele cold dmg. the relic has 61% increased cold damage. Set bonus is 15% increased cold damage pr 10 health regen. I have 145 health regen
Im using skills that scales with meele and cold both and i cant really see the dmg going up anything at all. in the tooltip where the stats are i cant see it changing anything, when i equip and unequip the cold damage doesnt increase or decrease. Is meele cold damage a hidden stat or somthng? Is it not possible to see how much u have or somthn?

Flat damage (which the +85 melee cold damage is) isn’t shown on the character screen, nor is the 94% increased cold melee damage, but the 15% increased cold damage per 10 health regen would/should show up on your character screen as a change in the % increased cold damage line.

As far as you not being able to see much of a change, the 145 health regen = 217.5% increased cold damage. This would be added to any other % increased cold damage or % increased melee damage to get the final figure that the game uses so if you have a lot of other % cold or % melee the actual benefit from that stat might not be massive.

That sounds more like a bug which you can post here:

1 Like

I’ve moved this to bug reports because it sounds like something fishy is going on. Can you post the skill you are using along with and image of how it is spec’d or upload the save itself? I’d like to try and reproduce it.

2 Likes

Im a bit of bread when it comes to stuff like this. Dunno how to upload a save tbh. Ive taken jpgs of the relevant but cant upload it here it seems. (Edited) : think i figured it out, what is the name of the file you want uploaded for the save itself?

You can upload your character to the build planner & link it.

That’s the button to get the build planner to upload your character & the one below it gives you a link you can share.

Alternatively you can upload the pics to somewhere like imgur.com & link them.

1 Like

https://imgur.com/a/HIhT3oy

Thanks for the help, i see now that what i thought was cold damage on the relic was cold meele, so maybe its just me feeling its weak. my skill with 19 points does less dmg than my thornshell shield alone (passively)

So, it looks like all the mods are melee cold damage. Only 1/3 of Tempest Strike is cold damage. The base flat damage it deals is 1 cold, 1 physical and 1 lightning. So you need a lot of flat added melee cold damage if you want to scale the cold portion of this hit with increased melee cold damage.

The triggered abilities that happen with it are considered spells so increased melee cold damage doesn’t actually help them at all.

Skills do not gain damage strictly from level. They only gain damage if you put points into nodes which gain damage.

Tempest Strike is also just not very good in general right now.

I’m thinking that there isn’t actually any bug happening now but I’m not entirely certain.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the help! Ye imo all melee stuff ive found is harder to scale and get dmg in, ill stick to spells :slight_smile: keep up the good work!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.