Serious Rubber Band Lag today

Yeah. Sorry if I came off salty.

It grinds my gears in general chat when Moxjet (the main dev) is there, and someone mentions rubber band lag. Twenty people jump on to say they do NOT have lag, and it must be a fluke, so high-fives for everybody–great job! However, those people could be playing in Australia…there are more Kangaroos than people there, and a Kangaroo can’t play LE (no thumbs, lol). EHG ain’t gonna get their feelings hurt when people report bugs and issues, so white knighting does more harm than good.

I just wake up at 3am to play when traffic is light. I have a smooth 3-6 hours on a good day before I have to go to work or the server rush starts…but seriously, as much as I love the game, early mornings are starting to wear on me.

2 Likes

I have had a few issues namely in Arena with lots of corpses, the game with lag like D3 where packets jam up, my Bone Golem has a perpetual Bone Nova on the screen and many dead bodies have empty HP bars

This happens and me bouncing around like crazy and not being able to act but seeing my HP bounce up and down until I complete the arena echo or I die, I can mitigate it by moving around the Arena a bit but if I stay in one corner its bad and once it starts you get caught in this lag wave

Also Dungeons are seemingly on another server? I tried to do T4 Julra last night and spectacular died twice to time switching to avoid her explosion and the game immediately sending me back killing me after hitting the button once, each area can take nearly a minute to load there

Other than that its usually just 56 ms constant

Have you toyec arround with the game settings? In the past some options killed my PC almost and it looked like having bad lags and rubberbanding and in the end it was the grass density taht made the game unplayable for me.

Rubber banding is a serious problem, and alot of people are reporting this in chat and elsewhere. Several times people has disbanded my group because of it. And it really need adressing. My EU west ping is 40, my in my experience it happens on all the servers with a wide variety of users. Sometimes you just have to wait, then the delay of the skills catch up. But in some maps its just unplayable

Yup been getting unplayable levels of rubberbanding on EUW for the last couple of days. Ping is allegedly 28. Been getting it on all maps at all times of the day, though it seems less severe (aka actually playable) in the late evening.

1 Like

I play on EUW and my rubberbanding started with divine era strand of storms. in all 3 first maps of that region I get rubberbanding after i had a few group fights where i need to w8 up to a min until all is caught up again. then it works for a bit after waiting some more and after a group or two ir begins with rubberbanding. had no issues until i got to this part of the game.

EDIT: it is now unplayable in all maps. it starts after 30 sec to a min. the rubberbanding began 13.3.23 at about 8pm MEZ.
I did not change anything on that day regarding software or hardware.

EDIT2: I don not use wifi.

Skippy the bush kangaroo after rubberbanding went and touched some grass.
Skip realizes his WIFI may be signal dropping or being interfered with by too many things to count being two thumbs short.
Skippy grabs his yellow ethernet cable and skillfully plugs it into his router and then into his PC.
Skip is one happy roo and has had no issues for 2 days.

There were no white knights and the devs read feedback daily.

1 Like

I get his point though. Dont report if everything works and let the people who actually have problems report it. Its annyoing, when Mox is ingame chat and people are reporting rubberbanding and then users are reporting they dont have the issue. Why reporting that they dont have a issue, imagine circle through all that non informative feedback.

Any rubberbanding today anyone?

So if people dont have a problem or found a fix say nothing then everyone would believe game is unplayable. Again the devs are aware of the issue. The game was unplayable for me due to rubberbanding but i found a way to fix it. It seems to me as much as it sucks to admit your WIFI is bad for the amount we pay for it if you dont go ethernet then it is what it is.

What are you on about? I have wired ethernet

They see on the player count how playable the game is, and with the testers.

Think i’ll leave the forums for others
Cant speak for multiplayer but solo working near perfect for me.

Skippy the Kangaroo lives in Australia. Skippy can use wifi if he wants because server loads are low. But Skippy is an elitist, so Skippy connects ethernet cables from the wall of his small, 1-room apartment because Skippy can’t afford a house.

Lesson: Some of us have houses and aren’t tearing into the walls to lay cable.

We are experiencing massive rubber banding at times. It’s does not originate from movement skills at all. The rubber banding is porting us back until the game does not know where the character is located and the game is unplayable. The latency indicator catches up in many minutes later of showing 29ms, then up to 8000ms.

EU west ping was showing 27ms. 9.41pm UK time.

Rubber banding
Skills not hitting enemies
Telported back to the start of the echo i was doing
couldnt pick items up

Just a general shit show in all honesty

Grouped topic about this: network-lag-issues-megathread

I’m having the same problem, its noticeably worse at different times of the day. I play on US West and first thing in the morning I have about 10-11ms. By noon its about 30 and the lag really kicks in. I get the odd stutter before that point but you basically go back two steps and don’t notice any issues. However once my MS is 30 it suddenly shuts down, I cast totems and they don’t appear, damage numbers still pop up, then suddenly you’re 30 steps backwards, and start up the warp drive to ping pong around the map for a bit before it finally just gives up the ghost.

I have messed with settings pulling them down. I can’t complete any timeline bosses, Oro, dungeons, etc… once it sets in because my movement is so out of sync with whats on the screen. I have also gone so far as to use my VPN to change regions and it doesn’t seem to matter. A full reboot to clear any memory issues (I wasn’t seeing any in my hardware tracking but rather safe than sorry), nothing fixes it. Once it starts I have to close the game and can’t play until the next day or I have to switch to offline and play a different character.

I am playing thorn totems, I don’t know if that matters, but maybe it does and maybe that will help the devs track down whats causing the issues.

I saw the patch notes about rubberbanding being fixed but this is certainly not my case.

EU with 15ms ping. Mere running forward and spamming teleport or any other movement skill causes rubberbanding 100% of the time. I play HC only so teleport is a must. Just lost a lv 52 because of this issue.

I am talking about solo play as online character. In a group, it’s even worse. Something is seriously wrong with the netcode.

US East, Ive played at different hours on every day, and the rubberband is relentless. Ive tried switching from Wifi to Hardline, Reinstalling the game on 2 different drives, turning settings all down, playing on single or multiplayer doesnt matter either. IT IS CONSISTENTLY DOING IT ALL THE TIME IM PLAYING. Within minutes or less of each other i get teleporting and desync. Ive tried streaming on twitch with streamer mode on and off both not changing anything and the desync is real. This is the only game i have issues with. My internet is new just got it last month, 700 down/700 up. Again no issues with other games. My friends that i play with constantly desync as well, on top of the probably known bug with load times being 10secs everytime we change areas. Campaign and echos for sure, dungeons actually we instant.

Apart from the list i stil have of bugs,

This is an amazing ARPG you have developed. I see it being one of the best barebones rdy to hit the ground running game in a while. Please take your time with this. Dont let getting TENCENT ruin this fucking experience of bliss in gaming that has been extinguished for some time now due to pay2win, shops, etc. Good luck.

Rubber band bug not fixed.
Julra swap zone bug not fixed.
why announce something that not fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.