Selling Loot

Hola Travellers

There are a million things I love about this game, especially the tone the Devs set, so well wishes for much success.

I did a search for this, I have to believe this has come up before, but I could not find it. Selling loot to a vendor is crazy levels of laborious (unless I’m missing something)? I am on a PC but I play the game using an new Xbox controller, works great other than already reported interfaces. I don’t know if that is impacting my options? But I have to click each item one at a time to drag it over to a vendor. This takes a ton of time!

The ability to mark items with a single click as an item to be sold to a vendor, then in the vendor UI - being able to one click to sell said items, that would be a huge quality of life improvement.

Thanks!
Jin

Controller

Unfortunately there’s currently no UI specific to controller in the stash/inventory/merchants showing that the:

X button will

• move the highlighted item to the open stash tab (if stash is open) or from the stash to your inventory
  • drop the item on the ground if only the inventory is open
  • sell the item if the merchant or gambler is open
  • purchase the highlighted item from the merchant
  • gamble the highlighted item from the gambler

Y button will

• quick-equip/unequip the highlighted item while in your inventory
  • brings you to the Search function of the Merchant/Gambler (though you can’t do anything with Search using a controller yet)

A button selects the item and you can move it using the D-pad
B & Start buttons close the open panel

However, the UI does show what the LB, RB, LT, RT, L3, and R3 buttons do. All buttons mentioned above are referencing the Xbox controller.

KB&M

Shift+RMB will sell/purchase the highlighted item

1 Like

But no matter what you have to drag vs merely click it, yes? (to sell an item)

With controller you can use the D-pad to highlight the item in your inventory and then press the X button to sell that item to the merchant. You can do this somewhat quickly for all items in your inventory, as shown below:

I use the LT & RT to swap between the merchant’s inventory and my own, the D-pad to scroll through the items, and the X button to sell or purchase items.

Using the R-Thumbstick as a mouse cursor will actually break this, and all, controller functionality that has been implemented thus far. It’ll likely take you some time getting used to, but not using the R-Thumbstick is necessary for this functionality to work.

Some panels, like the forge, passives, settings, etc, will still require the use of the R-Thumbstick as they haven’t had native controller functionality added yet.

2 Likes

I’ll give this a whirl, I appreciate the screenshot! :wine_glass:

1 Like

Holy Banthas, that was a video! So extra extra kudos and Traveller Ale

1 Like

And completely unnecessary. Loot isn’t worth anything. The only item in the game worth a reasonable amount of gold is the arena keys. Everything else you shouldn’t even be picking up. Your loot filter should be setup to only show you items worth checking out as upgrades. Even if I just quickly pick things up as I cruise through an echo, anything I don’t end up using I either shatter or just literally throw on the ground. It’s not even worth it while standing right next to the vendor to sell an item. You will have no shortage of raw gold drops with stacks higher than any item sells for.

This has saved me SO MUCH time! LOL Pretend I sent you in game (fill your favorite dessert or drink)! Well done. This video needs to be pinned by @EHG_Kain (you’re the only EHG that came up!) for people that use controllers. Its super helpful.

1 Like

I’m glad you found it helpful, though the video on its own would greatly benefit from having the text of that post narrated within it. Without it there’s not much context to what I’m actually doing in the video. However, thank you for the kind words. :wink:

One more controller question if you could be so kind, no video necessary. I am about to try the Temporal Sanctum. Im not yet done with the story, almost, but Im at level 56 and have done several monolith echos, the first two. I understand that in Temporal you have to time shift which everybody notes as a specific button on the key board. How do we time shift for the boss, and I think for the legendary- yes? What button do we push? Thanks! I appreciate the help. Im really enjoying the game. The loot explosion reminded me of Outriders or any of Borderlands games.

Left on the D-pad is the default, and currently the only controller keybind possible for the Dungeon Ability. Hopefully in the future it’s something that can bound elsewhere, if desired.

1 Like

I appreciate it. Lots of muscle memory kicking needed! LOL

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.