Rune of Shattering used but not shatter an item

I used 3-4 runes of shattering in a row to get minion damage / minion spell damage shards and all went good and properly and then on 4th or 5th time there was only the shattering sound, the rune was gone but i got no shards and item in the crafting window stay as it was before. Then tried with another item and it was same thing - no shattering.
I was Acolyte lvl 27 in End of Time if that matters (just before the mastery quest)

1 Like

I can confirm, this happened to me too.

Frequency: from what I can tell, third time in 10 hours of play on version 0.9

I can describe the events on my end:

1. Put item into forge to shatter it with shatter rune
  2. Hit the forge button
  3. Item does not shatter and does not change in way (title, color, image or any other indication). However, to my surprise, he sound of “Fractured Item” (pre 0.8.5) plays!, and the rune is gone
  4. Try shattering a second time on the same item… Same result, and the fractured item sound is heard again. Rune is still gone

(I can’t recall if I took the following events immediately after… but I think that’s what I did; I’ll report here again once I get confirmation)
5. Teleport to another area to find a vendor with Rune of Shattering
6. Select same item to shatter
7. shattering works

I will test again, however it seems to happen randomly.

Since it just occurred recently on my character, I pulled the logs attached. I hope you find something useful.
Player.log.zip (14.4 KB)

Thanks

2 Likes

Just had it happen too on 3 different items, where it worked on some others inbetween.
Of the 11 affixes combined on the items, there are no overlap.
So it isn’t a specific affix it fails to create shards for…

Player.zip (1.2 MB)

Would be nice if you could copy an items data as xml/json and share it here…
I have put the broken items aside, should you want to look at their internal data.

More information on my initial report, as it happened to me again.

I happened in Mono (non-empowered) vendors, though I could not say for sure that’s the only place, but it definitely happened in that area (the area you come back to after an Echo)

Also:

• Once an item has failed shattering (with the fractured sound), it does not matter how many item you try to shatter next, they all fail. I tried with 3 different items of different types, all fail after the first.
  • Once you teleport to another vendor, these items can now be shattered.

So it seems to somehow be tied to the zone. Somehow a flag to the vendor makes shattering runes fail after the first. Changing zone resets the flag.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. We’re tracking this internally.

2 Likes

Same all day today. The breaking of these runes is particularly annoying to newer players that don’t have a lot of money.

Any updates on this? I just encountered this bug as well

Leon the Supply Master in The Outcast Camp (Imperial Era) just did this to me as well - very sad as it took me 3 attempts to decide to start Googling and 6,000 gold is more than half my entire gold at this point :joy:

I tried to shatter an Ivory Quiver and it just played the sound exactly as described above, so I tried again, same result. Figured maybe it was some sort of mechanic, or maybe it doesn’t work on blue items, so I tried a yellow Plated Belt but same thing.

This could be purely visual, not 100% sure though.

I had this happen a few time. Placed item, checked if I had rune of shattering and selected it. Got the sound, it looked like a rune was consumed, got no shards.

I had been successfully shattering before. I had six runes left, according to the UI, when this was happening. I then moved to another zone/map and checked the UI again. Had zero runes.

So it could just be that the UI doesn’t update the count when you use the runes so you believe you have more left but you actually dont.

This happens to me too but for me it is the game displaying I’ve a rune of shattering when I in fact don’t. Occurs when I do a series of shattering in a row, will display I’ve still a rune when I’ve used them all up and not work, but no runes are actually lost.

Yeah, scratch this. This i NOT visual.

A demonstration: Last epoch rune of shattering bug - YouTube
(wait a while if it is only in SD and still processing…)

• I had 5 runes.
  • I shattered two items.
  • The UI said I had 4 runes left after that (I would expect 3)
  • I left to another zone.
  • The UI said I had 2 runes left after that (I would still expect 3)

So, to summarize: It consumed three runes, for two crafts, and the UI is confused.

Same issue for me, its about zone. Travel another zone and shattering works, but after 3-4 times succesfully done, again runes not shatter and dissapear. This so bad for grinding, because shatter runes are expensive.

Hi there,
I got the same issue, 4 item shattered then after that the fifth and after does not shatter.

Have a nice day.

Occurred for me as well. But quite often. Doing normal Monos trying to progress i had this occur ~5 times in 3 hours of playtime.

Edit: There’s something funky happening with the runes of shattering when i have 1 left.

1. Clear selection of Rune. → Have 1 rune of shattering left in Runes UI.
  2. Select Rune of Shattering in crafting UI → The bar containing the runes now shows 0 when opened.
  3. Click the “0” runes of shattering → It goes back up to 1.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.