Rollback

Same here:
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/character-rolled-back-24-hours/52632

Yeah pretty frustrating. Wasted a bunch of time and lost t6 hybrid hp boots.

Was playing two-player and there was an error with the imperial commander quest so we relogged. It seems that my char got returned to that point.

I’m sorry this happened we are doing our best to get to the bottom of this. Thank you for the report.

The same happened to me. I got my Druid to level 38, then my friend ripped (HC), I relevelled with him on Acolyte to 26, then I went to bed. Now I wake up and my Druid is LEVEL 5… Is there a fix possible, or do I have to do this all over again and lose all those uniques and crafts I had?

13 days already for this post and apparently the bug is still present, I just lost 3 hours of play … Rollback after crash (full freeze of the game)

Same here lost 4 hours of play this evening and 7 levels. I put my predicament in the Bug section…I guess that was wrong.

Same, rolled back. THIS IS FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE.

Same problem here. Did a Monolith and got a good Blessing, next morning: gone.

Lost 2 characters level 34 and level 2 - unable to log in, lost the level 34 as in it would not appear at all after logging out of the game. Then I erased the Level 2 mage - and the level 34 mage appeared - tried to log in and got perma load screen. Closed out and the level 34 disappeared again. Haven’t erased that one - tried to create a new character and doesn’t let me load into the game.

Right after posting this, the new character i made, populated with the level 34 spell blade - (both characters are mages) and i get stuck with a couple minutes of “Connecting” and spinning golden diagonal square before it puts me back to character selection.

Having the same with offline characters, decided to do a bunch of testing.

I pulled up \AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves in my other monitor and watched as I played. I loaded in once, played for a while, and watched the date modified column keep updating to the current time as I played. I logged out to test, and sure enough I kept all my progress. Logged back in, continued playing, and I’m now seeing the last modification of that character file as 5:47pm (6:00pm as of writing).

It seems like something might be preventing the character file from getting loaded maybe? Then when it doesn’t you’re able to play still because it reads it, but can’t write. I just tried deleting the file in file explorer and it let me, so it’s not being used by any process. I’m going to clear the zone I’m in, then go back to town and try checking my stash, selling, using waypoints, etc, to see if anything gets changed at all.

2 Likes

I was correct, I was rolled back to the last save after logging out. I just quit out of the game and launched it again, and now the files are updating in real time again. It seems like logging out of a character, then logging back in causes the rollback. I logged out of the my character again, then back in without restarting the game, and the files are not updating.

I just restarted the game, and now the files are updating. The rollback seems to be caused by swapping characters or logging out and back in after launching the game. I just switched to an entirely different character and that one never updated.

Devs, hope this helps! Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for the report, this offline character issue is new and separate from the problems other people are reporting in this thread. We’ll fix this one as soon as possible, we have a lead already.

Very sorry about this. We’re doing our best to proactively find cases where this is occurring, but if you can tell us the approximate time this happened and what the characters were called, it’s much faster for us to investigate what happened to your data.

I appreciate that this is very frustrating and not something you’d expect to need to do.

Same yesterday i lvled to 35 online, day after it was lvl 17.
Then leveled a Rogue from 27 - 38 now back to 27. Hope it gets fixed soon, or there is a way, we can make sure it doesn’t happen. The guy above mentioned, we cant login and then logout again ? Is that a workaround you guys can explain maybe ?

In 27/03/2023 - 20:30h / 00:30h (-3 GMT) it occurred to me, i played about 4hrs maybe more, on my necromancer (Necrolina), then i pressed leave the game to create a rogue (Atiradera), when i got on 1st town i was looking for some itens that i got on my Necro and was all gone, i lost all the progress i maybe on the last 2hrs that i played on the Necro, some itens and level.

I remember that when i leaved the game and lost progress i was on monoliths. In the same day (27) and the day after (28) i tryied to leaved the game or logout on town (end of times) and seens that i didnt lost anything.

After yesterdays patch (0.9G2) I got rolled back logging in on 3/30 from 84 to 79. Interesting enough I had been having server issues so I swapped from my online character to my offline character and the offline character is the one that got rolled back. (not sure if it still matters or not, but figured it might be useful info)

I also got rolled back with an offline character today on 0.9g2. Started a new Primalist this morning and played for a few hours. I alt+f4ed on accident (wrong window was in focus) and when I logged back in the character was level 1 with no story progress.

Here’s a copy of the log for that session in case it helps.

Player-prev - Copy.log (37.6 KB)

I was doing Monoliths with my Druid. When I stopped playing it was about 5AM (GMT-3). I did a last run against the Empreror of Corpses, claimed the rewards but next day I had the Stability Bar filled and had lost the last Blessing (and I guess the items looted).

BTW (since someone mentioned) does Alf+F4 can cause issues?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.