Rogue Umbral Blades - Shadows Exceed Bladestorm Limit

It really pains me to report this because I like it how it is right now, but:

Cacophony of Steel - ground blades are now bladestorms - says you can have a maximum of 3

But when you add: Umbral Remnant - shadows leave behind a blade

Shadows created by other skills can bypass the 3 “limit” e.g. Shadow Cascade can create shadows on kill if you have Gloomstalker, using shadow cascade again pops all the shadows, which leave behind blades, which turn into bladestorms.

^ example screenshot with ~9 bladestorms on screen.

If this interaction is intended, or you think it’s as COOL as I do, it’s be cool for it to stick around. I just have a feeling that this interaction was unintended.

Thanks for the report. We’re tracking this internally.

1 Like

FYI there are a few Bladedancer builds floating around right now that are heavily abusing this mechanic with Shadow Daggers - You can get ~10 bladestorms going at once and with them all applying shadow dagger stacks you can delete most bosses.

I believe Synchronized Strike + Shadow Cascade has something to do with it. Synchronized Strike has the “these shadows can bypass your shadow limit” node up in the top-left. Something about that seems to assist in breaking the limit, even though synchronized strike itself only appears to make 3 bladestorms when it makes 4 shadows. Other things like smoke bomb (generating 1 shadow per second) seem to also honor the 3 bladestorm limit.

I mostly see it when Shadow Cascade generates a shadow on-kill. The bladestorms created by that don’t seem to pop the original ones you already have out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.