Roadmap to 1.0

Hello everyone, does anyone know reliable if all points on roadmap are gonna made until 1.0 and if yes would u speculate that release date would be 3 years from now?

The Roadmap is a rough plan for all the content that will be implemented up until release.

There is already alot of stuff the devs talked about what they would like to do, but it’s not within the 1.0 scope.

Giving an estimate on a release date is very hard, since the devs said:“Ready when ready”, but I guess it heavily depends on how well MP development goes, since that seems to be the biggest missing feature.

But I would savely say that 3 years is a little bit of a overestimate.

I think if MP release goes well by the end of the year, that all the other features might take another year or so?
Maybe release by the end of 2022?

Obviously this is pure speculation and EHG clearly showed that they don’t want to put some arbitrary deadlines on themselves, but want to deliver the best game possible.

2 Likes

Thank u for your answer, do u maybe remember what features additionally they have mentioned that they want to implement?

I have tendwncy of disagree on the biggest feauture - multiplayer. Since to me if u have multyplayer what is the purpose if it if all items u can find in cca 300 hours (chase items-after 300hours cca i have all of them), colliding effects of skills hitting monsters and sounds of it(i do not enyoj killing monsters there is no feel to it, this time i will compare it to d2 and not to poe lol… U have an amazing feeling when u are killing monsters in d2, as well as the sound effect but graphics is long outdated so its not about the graphics. Do u know uf they maybe mentioned are those things gonna be implemented (i know for the legendaries they are comming but for the skill effects on contact with monsters have they mentioned anything about on streams?

There are many different things, small to big.

One big feature I remember off the top of my head that EHG really likes and wants to do, but is not within the scope of 1.0 is Guilds/Clan Features.

1 Like

I guess “feel” of combat in all forms and shapes (animation, sounds, how smooth it plays etc.) is something they will continously work on.

You can see drastic improvemts over most other classes/skills Rogue.

All the sounds and feel of skills is top notch compared to some of the older skills.

In terms of Multiplayer as a “Feature”, I thing it’s arguably the biggest one from a technical viewpoint.

For some players MP probably doesn’t even matter and hence it’s not important to them.

But between missing endgame system and legendaries/dungeons I still think MP is the biggest challenge for the devs to implement.

Once MP is in a good state, all the other stuff is presumably easier for the devs than a system that literally affects every single part of the game, compared to “just” another feature that only impacts parts of the game

Im not thinking of visual skill improvements but visuals when any skills including rogues collide with monsters i do not see any effect its like skill went right throug them its very hard to put it in words i dont know if u know what i mean by that as well the dying animations no matter if u hit scorpions for examble with sincro strike or glacier they die in the same way same goes for all of the monsters do u know what i mean ?
Yes from techical aspect its the biggest feature for sure…

Also Dungeons, story beyond chapter 9 and non-gender locked characters (when they have the time/resources for it).

@Vekongnitoo there’s an updated roadmap/forecast floating around somewhere.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/uploads/default/original/2X/7/78b1bcf69bbd32020fe7f3bece316f580712ec3b.png

1 Like

In D2, there’s just an extra animation when you hit a shield-sword-skellet, for example.
→ Through all the enemy hit reactions you get (in D1, D2, D3, etc.) just visually the feeling you would give the enemy proper “pain”. [better hit feedback]

I wouldn’t mind that, but it’s enough for me in Last Epoch as it is.

As for the death animations you wanted; that’s just a lot of extra work.
→ You can support EHG like an Activision-Blizzard with a few million, they then hire a few graphic artists etc. … then we have it.
Maybe we get such things then just after V1.0, who knows?

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

So basicaly u are saying any idea, wish or preference anyone on this forum has will need to finanace by him/herself?

Thank u man i already so it thats why i was asking since there is 14 pieces there of points and if they implemented 1 every 3 months it would be 3.5 years

Don’t talk such cheese, you know very well that this was only written to show you the (presumed) basic problem. :joy:

EHG is not Activision-Blizzard.

Lol yes but it would be teally nice concept of creating the game :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.