Ring of shields - interaction bug between Healing shields & Enduring defense

Hi everyone!
It seems that there is an interaction bug between Healing shields & Enduring Defense nodes from Ring of shields.
After some testing, it looks like the healing frequency of Healing Shields is affected by Enduring Defense node.
Expected frequency: 3sec.
Actual frequency: 9sec.

Tests:

• with 3/3 Enduring node - frequency of Healing Shields is once every 9 seconds ( 3 + 6)
  • with 2/3 Enduring node - frequency of Healing Shields is once every 7 seconds ( 3 + 4)

Thank you!

Yeah, I did a quick test & additionally I only got 1 pulse of healing at ~5s with just Healing Shields spec’d & zero points in Enduring. The healing node is definitely borked as it’s not healing every 3s.

I can confirm the healing frequency is not once every 3 seconds.

While we are at it, please check the range of the healing pulse from Healing Shields node. I cannot get the armor buff from Phalanx node if I invest 3 or more skill points in Bastion node which increase the distance between the player character and the summoned shields.

Can confirm, the healing pulse only occur twice (once every 9 sec) for the entire duration of Ring of Shields with 3/3 Enduring Defense, instead of every 3 sec.

Also with 3 points in Bastion, the healing pulse from the shield just cannot reach you due to the increased distance. This might not be intended.

I’ve found the issue - in 0.8.4 we changed the Healing Shields node to provide 10 healing per point every 6 seconds (from 5 healing per point every 3 seconds), but did not update the description or provide a patch note. I’ve updated the description internally.

I’m not seeing the frequency of the heal change when putting points into Enduring Defense; it’s always every 6 seconds. If you can reproduce the variable frequency, please let me know.

Bastion putting shields far enough away to be unable to heal you is definitely not ideal, we’ll take a look at that. Thanks for the reports!

That felt really bad. You’d have nothing then ~1/2 way through the RoS duration you’d get one heal and that’s it. Why was this change made? Was it to reduce the benefit of the “xxx on heal” nodes further out from the Healing Shields node?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.