Retrospective from my point of view

I really like the game since the beta. The new class are very interesting and the game still good.
the presence of bugs was tolerable during the beta and I didn’t complain about it. But for an official released game it is no longer possible.
The quantity of bugs and their scale have become problematic.
the faction system is successful but once again the bugs and exploits affecting it ruin everything.
This is the first game where I see such a bug on gold generation and this effect not being fixed.
the fundamentals of the game are very good but the execution and finishes are not up to par.
This leaves me with a bitter taste, because the game has great potential

2 Likes

Have you seen the PoE patch notes forum? Apart from the league launch patch notes which are often mostly new stuff, the majority of everything else is bug fixes, for the past decade.

They fixed it (hopefully) on Saturday.

PoE had several (as in, more than once) currency duping issues over the years. As well as several other exploits, not currency related, as well.
It’s nothing new in gaming.

i don’t really want to play POE again

My point was that exploits will happen. Bugs will happen. There will be more happening to LE. There will be more happening to D4. There will be more happening in PoE2. There wil be more happening in TQ2.
When they’re found out, they get fixed and exploiters banned.

It’s unfortunate when they happen, but it’s inevitable that they will, especially on a game that keeps expanding.

1 Like

i m still sad i was hoping more

I played PoE for several years, and this is the first time I hear of duping exploits there, care to share the story, I am curious.

edit: I remember an exploit in Ultimatum where the ultimatum encounter could be rendered almost infinite, and a streamer got suspended for exploiting it. But to be fair that would not qualify as a duping exploit in my eyes, they were duping monsters not loot/currency

Not that long ago there was a gilded fossil exploit that people used to print mirrors, for example. Until a lot of people started doing it and they patched it.
Then there was the leaguestone exploit as well. This one happened a long time ago (7 or 8 years or something). Until a lot of people started doing it and they patched it.

Those are just 2 which I remember off the top of my head and that I’m aware of without ever having bothered to keep track. You can google those easily.

Well I did google this before asking, albeit not very thoroughly.

Interesting, now that you mention it, I was probably playing during the gilded fossil exploit period, I think it was something about messing up the split implicit? google is not being very cooperative in finding info about this.
Funnily enough, as a very casual player, I did not feel very affected by that exploit.
I guess PoE economy is a bit more resilient to exploits due to its friction and the fact that there is not a single currency, so if the divine became compromised, people would just switch to trading in some other currency.

It didn’t mess up the economy because for a long time only a few players were doing it. And when it became public and other people started doing it, the devs patched it. So there wasn’t a long time for people to be aware of this.

Not to mention that this was more noticeable in LE because the exploiters bought all the rare items that people were aware of. There aren’t that many in the market. In PoE, the market is much bigger, with more uniques and more crafted gear, so you’re less likely to notice it.

And lastly, because the exploit was leaked just before easter, so that caught the devs flat-footed, and they couldn’t respond as quick to it as GGG could do for the orb exploit when it was leaked. It was about timing as well.