Respec Skill Points shouldn't lower skill level if respeccing points over your natural level

I decided to try out some skill changes to Earthquake on my Shaman by using a helm with +2 to Earthquake, but discovered to my dismay that when I removed the helm, it did not remove the skill points that I had just added, but rather removed points from other passives that I had specced prior to equipping the helm.

OK, I thought, no problem. I’ll just put the helm back on and manually remove the points from the two things that I had specced, but NO, that reduces the level of the skill. As a result, you can’t use an item with +levels to one of your abilities without risking lowering the level of your skill and having to level it back up again. This could happen either from what I did or from swapping gear around.

Specifically, I specced into Seismic Smash and Seismic Tide in order to try them out, but when I removed the helm, instead of removing points from those passives, it removed a point each from Rupture and The Harder They Fall. After testing, I’m not sure that I want Seismic Tide because of how much it increases the mana cost, but in order to remove Seismic Tide and Seismic Smash, now I have to lower the level of my Earthquake by two.

Please make it so that if you have on an item that gives you points to spend in a skill that if you spend those points and then respec them that it gives you the points back to be able to spend in something else or to be able to remove the item without it removing points from random passives.

Thanks,
Thraish

This already was been discussed by the devs and it will not be implemented.

If you want more details:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.