Removing +level to skill gear unallocates skill passives wrong

When you remove an item that has +levels to a skill it doesn’t remove the last skill points allocated, but random passives that were already maxed.

I did this and it feels really sucky to have to level the skill up 3 more levels to get it back to where it was before I equipped the +3 to skill item.

Here is a thread in that Mike from EHG is explaining why this system is behaving the way it does.

It’s intended, the way it is currently.

Thanks for the info.

I feel like the root problem is only allowing 5 skills to be leveled up at a single time. If I could have another copy of my main skill that is inactive but still gains exp I could just swap it out if I gimp the skill I’m using.

Initially EHG didn’t even want to implement extra lvl of skills related to gear and i am pretty sure it had something to do with some of the downsides.

And on a relatively complex skill system like LE, there is probebly no way around some downsides and systems like this are easily exploitable.

And losing some… let’s call it “QoL” is just an acceptable downside.

Maybe the guys at EHG have some more thoughts on this.

Not sure, but maybe @EHG_Mike could eloborate further on what your feeling was and if EHG planned with that.

I guess you are not the only experiencing some “feel bad moments”

EDIT: I think for the most part having +2 or +3 or even +4 to skill affixes usually only occurs in endgame and not so much while in story/early endgame.
So at that point you relevel skills already fairly quickly.

This does not negate the feel bad moments completely, but it’s fairly unoccomon to have those issues in a phase were releveling skills takes hours.

Yeah now that I’m aware of the interaction its unlikely it will happen again, but that being said it would be nice to be able to test how effective a certain piece of gear is without having to respec if it turns out not as good. Something like path of building for LE.

I think that was more because they couldn’t than because they didn’t want to. I know that they have always said that they try to balance the skills around 20 points, but that’s not inconsistent with not being able to have + skills on gear.

Yes i know they initially couldn’t do it, but i am pretty sure they had alot of internal discussion, if they should really add this, once they found a way to implement it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.