Remove Damaging Fracture

That’s an interesting idea, presumably the chance to repair would be inversely proportional to the instability (like chance to succeed is now)? That would give you a better chance to fix a fracture that happened early on while effectively not letting you recover from a high instability fracture and being less punishing at high instability but still offering you the chance to be greedy and bork your item.

Me likey!

Hmm… repairing gear fractures… good idea…

I do like the chance of failure for crafting but a repair process could take the sting out of it a little… What about an idea of repairing that works like the removal affix option… Guaranteed repair of fractured & damaged gear, but you have a chance of losing one of the affixes when trying to repair the fracture/damage… so even the repair is not without some cost…

if someone wanted to craft to fracture , repair, craft again to fracture or success, repair again etc… probably turn crafting into a gold & rune sink…

hmm… not sure how this ability to get better crafts might affect the gear trading that they are planning in future though…

The idea is to somewhat keep the same chances as it is now, but with a degree of control. If you want to risk a fracture you can do so without worrying about damage. But you still have to take a chance since the item can’t be upgraded if you fail. If you failed you can risk repairing and trying again or just keep using it as is. If you want to risk it, you are fully on board with the chance that the item will break and become useless.

The odds can be kept around the same as it is now but with a better experience as it smooths out the risk and gives players some control/choice. It also satisfies those who still like the idea of breaking gear. Chances of success will go up naturally (unless initial success chance goes down to compensate). Could also allow damaging fractures to be repaired, but with much lower odds. Repairing damaging fractures could be paid for using money, adding in another money sink. Could also use money to repair anything instead of introducing another shard.

yeah i love it when i spend 4 hours finding 1 extra super rare shard, try to put it on my 5/4/4/2 chest piece and it resets the whole thing to 1/1/1/1 and i never log into that character again.

2 Likes

I believe this to be true for most casual players, as it would be ridiculously frustrating for this to happen. But 4 hours is just a few hours (not to take away from your loss. F good sir). Some will do this for days I assume, and for the super rare mods. That would be uninstall rage material right there lol.

This doesn’t bode well for player retention, but at the same time, maybe that’s alright? Maybe that isn’t something that should even be on EHG’s mind until its more complete. I don’t know what they’re thinking sometimes, but it usually works out. This though… it can ruin anything that has happened previously in the game for them.

I just hope EHG is aware of this as it seems to be a painful cry atm in these forums. (As well as loot filter and maybe some sort of respec issue? Meh.)

theres a difference between wasting “just 4 hours” playing a video game, but if you spend 4 hours to GO BACKWARDS you might as well have not been playing at all.

1 Like

I never roll if it has a chance to damage. I decided earlier on that damaging the item wasn’t something I would risk. But I also have never felt the urge to gamble (well, except in arpgs :slight_smile: ) or play the lottery.

I’m obviously an outlier in this but it sort of makes me grumbly when people use blanket statements like “everyone” or “no one”.

I’m also fine with system as is because I’m comfortable with my boundaries. That said if they took out damaging fractures I’d be okay with that as well.

I like this idea too. I actually didn’t realize you could destroy something completely, and was always wondering what the point was of having a “minor” fracture if you couldn’t fix it.

I think they could just make some adjustments to glyphs, add a couple of other types, and perhaps make glyphs upgradeable as well. I have tons of Glyphs of Stability, let me trade them in for the next tier, maybe at 10 to 1 or whatever makes sense? Then have a super glyph that never fractures that costs another 10x, and a repair glyph with its own randomized chances. I haven’t thought it all through but that would certainly make the system more palatable. Ideally you would reward people for being super patient and conservative, but also make it take a lot more time and effort than someone who wants to play it risky and gamble.

This could help control/create an economy sink. Maybe that sounds too much like another game I don’t know lol.

1 Like

As long as it is a single player game just copy your save file.
Damaging fracture gone. I dont like the mechanic so i dont feel any bad about getting rid of it.

The statistical probability of getting two of the same type of items with the same affixes, especially if you are talking purple items is infinitesimally low though. Having to have two extremely rare things drop that may just both break off the bat is overly punishing.

If gear drops could compare to crafted items, that would be different, but they don’t come close.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.