Reign of Dragons: too many item types covered by this one monolith

What I meant is, that Reign of dragons has 40+ items in total across all available exclusive reward types, but that is misleading because it’s two different reward types with their individual loot pool.

E.g.:

1. Axes, Maces, Polearms
  2. Daggers & Swords

So your statement here is wrong:

Because both of these exclusive rewards are separate.

As pointed out already, even with that separation Reign of Dragons is still one of the worse timeline lines for amount of items in the reward pools.

Yes and no. The echo rewards are weighted and they don’t really “steal each other”. We don’t know how the system works under the hood but having one or multiple exclusive reward types in one timeline might or might not really impact the chance of getting a specific one.

The timelines that do have multiple exclusive rewards seem to spawn way more exclusive reward echoes in my experience, so I assume they are weighting within one big pool, so having 1 or 2 or 3 of these in a given timeline might not make that much of a difference in how often you encounter them.

Also keep in mind that the uniques all have a weighting within the same category.

Some categories might have more items in total, but it is quite possible that the unique you want from a category that “only” has very few uniques in the pool is still smaller than getting one from the bigger category

I understand that there is weighting involved in the chances of each but it seems we have a difference of opinions regarding this primary issue. To have 43 different uniques to farm in one timeline and only 9 in another timeline is a little unbalanced to me.

Like I said, we have a difference of opinions, and that’s ok. In the end it’s the choice of the devs and how they see it, not how I see it.

1 Like

Monos are being redone for 1.0 anyway. I seem to recall that something was being worked on regarding reward echoes, but I might be misremembering or it might not be for 1.0 (or both).

I have not watched the most recent few dev streams, but there was no major overhaul or revamp planned for endgame systems for 1.0, unless they did teaser that in one of these dev streams.

Only the introduction of Factions will introduce new opportunities for rewards.

1 Like

Realistically speaking you will never farm the same timeline for more than 1 or 2 uniques for a build, unless you are a completionist or want to farm sepcific gear for multiple builds.

So having a timeline with 12+ (there is no timeline with only 9 uniques) and having a timeline with 40+ uniques does not really make that much of a difference.

Why does it matter that they are so eqaully distributed? It does not really affect you as a player as long as its not making the chances worse, which it really deosn’t that much, because the disparity between individual categories is only ~ +/- 8-9 uniques.
The only great disparity is the Mace, Axe and Polearm Rewards, which might needs to be splitted up in 1H and 2H

I’m pretty sure a rework of monos is coming for 1.0. At least the change where corruption will be the main growth/important factor and not the echo mods. I just don’t remember if they mentioned anything about rewards echoes or not, or if it was for 1.0 if they did.

Unless they changed it, Fall of the Empire is belts only and there are only 9 unique belts that are random drops. Therefore that timeline is only for 9 uniques.

And this is my point, the rest is not that major. Therefore it does matter if I’m trying to farm for that one 1H axe with LP.

Yes corruption scaling/enemy modifier overhaul will be huge for sure, but that doesn’t really change the rewards system. Only which rewards scale better. (For example LP will have higher chances on higher corruption IIRC).

But EHG clearly staed that 1.0 will have no major endgame changes.

However they already planned 2 major expansion to the MoF system post 1.0.
So they do have big plans, just not 1.0, at least in that regard.

1 Like

Ok, as I said, I might have been misremembering it. Thanks for clarifying.

Nope they didn’t change anything but there are more than 9 belts in that specific loot pool for a long time.
Current number is 12 and this has not changed in the last few patches

Yes we can agree on that, but this is only that one specific example of that one specific echo reward.

The OP makes it seem that it is important to have fewer items in the whole timeline, which does not matter IMO.
Only those individual rewards pools are important to be somewhat balanced.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I understand you correctly there so I might be about to say the exact same thing :joy:
I think the issue with the OP is that, if you go to the other monos, after uncovering let’s say 100 echoes, you can expect to get x special reward ones. Let’s say that it’s 10 and that it’s something like 4 general uniques, 3 sets and 3 glove uniques.
Then you go to the RoD and for those same 10 you might get 4 general ones, 3 sets, 2 swords/daggers, 1 spears. And you were looking for axes.

I don’t think it’s the number of unique items that’s the issue, it’s that RoD has several target farmable echoes while other monos only have 1, making it harder to farm for a specific one.

Personally, I have no issue with it. I’d rather just have a more diluted pool in this one and maybe pick some other unique weapons for other builds along the way, rather than having my chance of farming gloves diluted by some weapon choice. But it’s a matter of preference.

Unless the lastepochtools database is wrong, there are 13 unique belts currently, but 4 of them are boss-only drops. That leaves 9 that you can farm for with the specific nodes.

The exclusive echo rewards from MoF are always Unique + Set Items

2 Likes

Yeah, I forgot to add in the Set items. That would bring it up slightly but it would also bring up the others a bit too.

Yes, but all of that was considered by me and the post I referenced to above. This is slightly oudated but the overall distrubution is still very similar

Continuing the discussion from Change exclusive echo reward nodes to only reward one item type:

All those different melee weapon types are not individual categories. Reign fo Dragons has 2 exclusive echo rewards:

• Unique & Set Daggers & Sword
  • Unique & Set Axes, Maces & Polearms

as mentioned above already the Axes, maces and Polearms category is definitely by far the worst i nterms of number of items, but the change to get these exclusive rewards nodes doesn’t really matter in which timeline you are. Some timelines have onyl 1 echo rewards, others might have them seperated into 2 different nodes, but the chance to get them is fairly similar.

1 Like

Well, it’s not quite similar. I don’t know exactly how it’s programmed, but if you look at the fact that “common” echoes, like gold and shards, are more common than the special echoes, when the game “decides” to roll these echoes, having 1 option or 2-3 options is quite different.
If you only have special gloves on a mono, you can expect to see 5 glove echoes out of 100 (completely made up numbers, just to exemplify). However, if you have 2 of them, like with the weapons, you can expect to see 2-3. And if you have 3 of them you can expect to see only 1-2. And the more echoes you do, the further this different grows.

Now, what seems to make the most sense (in terms of programming) is that there is a single echo pool, with heavier weights for the common ones. In which case each echo would have however many choices available to them (let’s say 12) while RoD would have 13. The difference is smaller, but over the course of hundreds or thousands of echoes it does make a difference.

In this case, maybe it’s more of an issue of perception and confirmation bias. You want swords and you see an axe echo show up and it confirms the bias. Or maybe it does make a difference.

In any case, whether it’s because you see less of the echoes you want to target or because the echo you’re targetting drops a different type from the one you want, the fact is that weapons are harder to target farm than the rest. Even without taking into account weights and rarity.

As I said, I have no issue with the way it is, I just take it as part of the game, but I can understand the OP’s frustration.

1 Like

I wonder if there is any % adjustments for the echoes that have more than one reward type available? I can see the original complaint, especially if you’re looking for an Axe, in the largest pool of items, from a multiple-type echo, that has multiple bases. Whereas, if you just wanted boots, you know each time you complete that echo, you’re going to get a shot at boots.

I think it might be a bit of both, tbh. A real issue, exaggerated with confirmation bias. Because, unless there is a higher chance to get the Set/Unique reward in the 4 or 5 with more than one reward-type echo (Sword/Dagger OR Axe/Mace/Polearm)… then it’s definitely (real, not imagined) going to be tougher to target farm. And that’s not even counting the rarity weighting on the item itself.

2 Likes

Yes my point exactly. Who knew it was so hard to understand?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.