Reaper Form's "form" is...just awful

I have reached the point where my gear looks pretty cool as a Lich. But, then, I turn into a “reaper” (literally the physical incarnation of death), and it looks like I’m…a plastic Halloween decoration hanging jauntily from a store window. How incredibly underwhelming, especially after the Golem re-skin. The Reaper Form transformation looks soooo bad compared to the stuff that Druids get.

Also, when I cast in RF, it looks like I’m continuously throwing water over my head with both hands. In the case of Drain Life, I get NO cast animation. Instead, I float there and move a colored circle around the screen. “Reap” is just a slow dash with some color trails.

RF is fun to play, and although I think it could use some boosts, it is not fun to look at. This is supposed to be death’s power incarnated, a primal force exploding from the body of a corrupted mage. I feel as underwhelming as possible–like I belong in an after-Halloween sale bin.

Edit: To avoid sounding too salty, I’ll posit that the upgraded Wraith skin used for RF was probably intended to be a placeholder. I am just saying: give the Lich some love and attention. I’m more than just the sum of my minions, baby :kissing_heart:

In the upcoming patch 0.9.1 Reaper Form is set to receive a rework. EHG has previously teased it to us during a developer stream as well as in the December 2022 Dev Blog.

Mike also talked about these changes further in the March 31st dev stream at the times below:

1 Like

Well, color me impressed. I retract my statement. Still, they should focus on more than “just” the skin. Cast animations are a big deal for immersion. I’d like to see us have a specialized set.

Updated my post above to include the section of the dev stream where Mike talks about new animations and “visual twists” on the model based on nodes you take in the tree, if curious.

Welp, my work is done here! dusts off hands

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.