Re: Ardent Creator Supporter Pack - Availability Update

Maybe a $1,000 on a video game isn’t so bad in hindsight considering how much money you must have spent on a master’s in philosophy. :smiley:

I have a good friend that has a bachelors in philosophy. He is currently raising chickens for money.

1 Like

I wasn’t taking a position on the quality of the counterargument, but the pickup truck example isn’t an assumption, it’s an example. He’s taking your conclusion (that money would be better spent on x or y instead of z) and applying it to all other possible z that fit a similar mold to see if it holds up. The truck example did get a little murkey, since it brought in the idea of disposable income and questioned what exactly counts as disposable income, but if we remove that aspect the point is just this:

• For all instances of disposable income (whatever that is determined to be), is it the case that it would always be better to spend it on retirement or helping people?

If the answer is no, that there are cases where it would not be better, then further justification is required as to why this particular case is somehow worse than other uses. If the answer is yes, then this position applies to just about every internet purchase from coffee makers to Etsy products to the actual purchase of Last Epoch itself and other video games.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I spent wayyyyyy more money on my philosophy degree and it could very much be argued that the money would have been better spent on retirement or helping people :rofl:

2 Likes

Guys, you may be slightly outside the original topic. :wink:

3 Likes

Only slightly.

3 Likes

I refer you back to @Llama8 's “this is the internet” point. :sunglasses:

1 Like

One might also argue that retiring early is only beneficial if you have a means of enjoying that time to the fullest. If you don’t buy the Ardent Creator pack, have you already stifled that goal? Also, spending on the ACP is helping the employees of Eleventh Hour Games. So, you would also have to create tiers of “helping” (in the first instance, possibly those who are not otherwise able to earn their own income through other people’s disposable income spending). Finding the right standard for that may prove difficult.

2 Likes

In Germany we have a saying, that I sadly can’t translate properly. “Jedem Tierchen sein Pläsierchen” - meaning that everybody should be allowed to do as he pleases. So, whoever is able to spend that much money for a supporter pack and is willing to do so, should do it without being judged by others. To be honest, I wish I had a spare 1k Dollars to give out for anything I want to. It most likely wouldnt be this supporter pack, but most likely not given to the charity, either. So I don’t judge people who have that money and spend it this way. Live and let live.

1 Like

Yes i agree

1 Like

There is no point judging what people spend their disposable income on. Some like to spend it on beer, some on a birthday party, some to help the needy, and others to further themselves or buy a book. None of these options is superior to the others.

At the end of the day, spend on whatever makes you feel your life is enriched and meaningful. Life is too short to allow people to judge you on what makes you happy.

1 Like

Apart from the local court system…

And your significant other.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.