Question to Devs: loot generation mechanics, to understand how to operate blessings builds

Hello,

it would be super helpful to get an insight no the mechanics of loot generation (on kill\chest opening), and what i mean by that are few unclear points:

-when loot is generated, what is the order of probability\rng calculations, the base type is chosen first (gloves, shield, weapon etc), then specific base type (implicits), and then a roll on item rarity (magic, exalt, or unique)? or is it different order? or altogether some other way?

point is to understand, for example, having a blessing “increased drop chance of boots %” does influence the odds that unique items you find will be boots? or it is irrelevant to that case? at which point the game decides if dropping item is unique or not, and what modifiers do influence it (apart of general unique drop chance %)

2 Likes

I also want to know this

Would love to get some details on this.

Rarety is rolled first (specifically whether its a unique or not) then everything else.

I believe that the various “increased boots/etc” blessings do influence how likely you are to get a unique item for that slot as there are more rolls for boots.

Corruption, % item rarety and the % increased uniques blessing all affect how likely you are to get a unique in general.

1 Like

well i also assume something like this, but that are just us players making guesses :smiley: therefore i really hope at some point someone from EHG will respond to clear this up

I do of course understand that right now they might have 100500 more important things to do, so lets hope we will get explanation some time in future :slight_smile:

That is what the devs have said, I’m not making assumptions (hence my vagueness on the order of the other bits after rarety, though I suspect it probably doesn’t matter).

2 Likes

Best I can do with short amount of time

The item rarity is rolled first. If you get a unique, then it randomly picks from the list of possible uniques to drop from that location which one to drop.

Source: Discord

On increased items rarity - Community Game Guide

1 Like

well… the most interesting thing is, if one lets say is hunting specific unique gloves, or boots, will blessing that increase drop chances of this item type improve odds. or in other words, will it alter how many of 100 uniques you drop will be gloves with blessing and without.

im sure that question is important for really a lot of players :slight_smile:

Yes, both blessings will increase the number of unique XXX that you get, either through giving more uniques from the same number of XXX drops or giving more XXX drops & thus more uniques. Having both will stack.

1 Like

Why people don’t trust me I don’t know…

Answered in the guide link i sent, as confirmed by Llama.

@Llama8 it’s your accent

Item Type Blessings do affect the amount of Exalted/Unique/Set Items that you will get.

It is also noteworthy, that those blessings do not weight your loot towards their type, but will give you more loot of that type.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.