Question about current characters

I’m sure I am part of small group of folks, I am currently using the stand alone client. I have no desire to to play multiplayer or even seasons, I’m fine with a standard league. Anyone know if I have to use steam or can I still use the stand alone client & what will happen with my current characters I have playing with for years. Will I have to start over and lose everything?

No, the current offline characters will remain offline. Not sure when/if the standalone client will receive updates as one of the benefits of them adding mp was that they would only have 1 codebase to maintain (the mp codebase, albeit with the capability to be playable offline).

I’d probably advise moving over to the steam version as that will certainly enable you to get the updates goung forward but i think ultimately this is a question for @EHG_Kain @ehg_steve, @EHG_Mike etc.

Currently, patch 0.9 is planned to be exclusive to Steam and it’s unknown at this time if this will change in the future. The following are some quotes from Mike Weicker, a senior developer/designed at EHG, explaining this:

Nothing will happen to your current characters. They are considered offline characters and are playable in both the stand-alone client or the Steam client of the game. Both clients use the same location to access and save your offline characters, which can be found at this location on your computer:

C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves

No, though you will have to link your LE account to your Steam account so you can access the game on Steam if you wish to play patch 0.9. The following support article explains how to do this:

https://support.lastepoch.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260805145970-Steam-Account-Linking

When patch 0.9 releases, your previous characters (all 0.8.5f and prior characters) will be playable in the “offline mode” of the game. This “offline mode” will be similar to what we currently have on live (meaning it’ll still require an internet connection) but should transition to a more pure offline mode in the future as Judd Cobler, EHG CEO and game director, states below:

2 Likes

Just wanted to say thank you everyone for your responses, looks like I need to download & install steam. Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.