Question About Base Damages of Multi-Damage Types in Skills

Hello, I’ve been trying to understand exactly how to interpret/determine base damages of split damage types within a skill. Do skills labelled as dealing “X and Y damage on hit” deal equal parts damage of types X and Y? Or does the relative amount vary?

For example with Ice Thorns it reads: “Releases a burst of homing ice thorns that deal physical and cold damage on hit and have a freeze rate of 18”

Both Physical and Cold are included as scaling tags, and so it makes sense to me that those scaling multipliers are included, but for the base damages that those multipliers are applied to, what is the base breakdown of Ice Thorns? I know there are ways to modify the base damages selectively in the skills tree but it’s hard to understand proportionally how much damage they’re adding to the base.

Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

This is from the Community Game Guide (specifically Scaling Tags

I couldn’t find the equivalent in the in-game guide

2 Likes

As @Turinqui has highlighted from the CGG, the base damage is split among the damage types of the skill.

You can find the developers mention this on the official Discord:

Almost always, if a skill has multiple damage types, the damage is split evenly to make these calculations easier and more intuitive.
Source: Discord Link

Both, that’s part of the adaptiveness. It splits at the same ratio. So if the skill is 50/50 (as most multi element skills are) you get half and half of each element.
Source: Discord Link

You can also use Dammitt’s LE Build Planner to hover over skills to see the distribution of base damage among the skills damage type(s).

I imagine this type of information will eventually make it’s way into the in-game guide at some point.

2 Likes

Sweet! Thanks so much for the clarification folks.

I’ll also take a look at the Community Game Guide, I’ve been mostly relying on the in-game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.