Quest Bug: The Immortal Empire - Character unable to progress further into the game

While completing this quest with a new character on online mode, something happened and the objective to “Defeat the Imperial Commander!” isn’t achievable. The prisioners are still within their cells and npc you’d regularly talk to is there but the question mark on top of its head its grey. Killed all the monsters in the map, which was fully explored. No side quests are currently in progress (ie the college one).

Basically as this is a main quest I cannot progress my character any further?

Attaching some logs:
Player-prev.log (223.2 KB)

1 Like

actually ignoring that and moving to the next map did the trick

1 Like

Good to know, I’m familiar with this issue and it’s good to know that it’s still occurring as we hadn’t seen it for a bit.

1 Like

Just encountered the same issue. No enemy to kill, only grey question mark above the NPC

1 Like

I’ve restarted the game and it fixed it for me. You can try it as well if you haven’t

1 Like

had the same bug, didn’t try relogging but progressing into the next area (The Soul Wardens’ Road) fixed it as above

1 Like

I can reproduce this bug on command: kill all the enemies (the imerpial commander) before getting close enough for “defeat the imperial commander” to become the objective
afterwards its stuck like this, but reentering this zone respawns the commander that you can then kill to progress this quest

I have found a bug that seems different, but in the same quest line. I talked to the Outcast Seer, went thru the dialog to “Defend the Seer” a circle appears to the east, but no mobs spawn. I’ve tried going to other parts of the game, completed other quests… restarted the client completely… all to no avail. It simply will not trigger the mobs so that I can kill them to complete the quest.

Scratch that, progressing to The Fallen Tower zone fixed it.

Q

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.