Purchase decision MP/Coop

I think I am speaking for many potential buyers of this game, if I say that if the multiplayer part of the game was finally released (even beta) I would buy it immediately.
Only because of the uncertainty with which no precise statements are made when the multiplayer / co-op part of the game will come, or whether at all, forces many like me to wait.
Why is so little reported about such an important topic what the progress is currently and why not an alpha / beta test released for something like that?
The smallest details are worked on, but the most important part of an ARPG, the multiplayer experience, is not made (at least nothing is useful). I think that many interested buyers are currently shy away from investing the money in advance.
I love to buy this game, but only when MP/Coop is aviable. Sorry for the bad english, but my nativ language is german :wink:

THX

it’s a common question, and we’ve recently received an update from Sarno about their plans: The Great Big Multiplayer Question Revisited - #33 by Sarno

we should have a more significant update by year’s end.

1 Like

There is a dev blog about Online/MO planned bythe end of the year.

Also Sarno did a sneaky slippery post, because people like me can be pretty annoying and unwavering when it coems to such topics.
In case you are interested, there are some smaller details, but nothing super concrete yet.

EDIT: Dammit @VapingNeckbeard was faster

haha, i saved that comment because i knew it wouldn’t be long before i would have to link someone to it. i also made an uncharacteristically brief post, i promise not to let it happen too often. :wink:

1 Like

Apparently that means that we won’t see anything from MP / Coop with 0.8 or this year, but only when the final version 1.0 of the game is released?
Does it make sense to test a game “outside” of Early Access in MP / Coop, doesn’t various problems with the 1.0 version make more bad reviews than if I were to test the whole thing beforehand in Early Access?
I think it’s very strange …

We won’t see MP with 0.8 yes, but we can assume to see and test MP before 1.0.

1 Like

I think the only real reason not to start testing MP earlier is that you have to rent powerful servers and pay for them now. You can of course save these costs until shortly before the release, but I doubt whether that is “wise”. Just test the whole thing up to the end with just 3 people as a development team on a funny server under the desk;)

They aren’t going to limit their MP testing to a handful of devs on a dodgy server under the desk (even though I know you were just being facetious). At some point (definitely after 0.8) they will release it to the community testers to break & abuse their servers/netcode (which is a job some of us take very seriously & have some lag-inducing builds ready to go).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.