PSA for Now Legacy Characters: Your Faction Reputation and Stash Isn't Missing

I’m sure many of us logged into Legacy to find our Cycle characters transferred over have an empty stash and are at 0 Reputation with their factions and favour reset, unable to equip our own gear.

You can find your Cycle items from the dropdown menu at the top left of the stash interface. For your reputation and favour, click on the button in the top right to migrate your crafting materials and rep progression over to Legacy.

Scared the bajeezus outta me for a second.

6 Likes

Me too. There should have been a huge pop-up for this :smile:
But I am wondering if I can transfer my tabs? Or do I have to buy them for legacy again? :thinking:

3 Likes

Wondering too, didn’t get a response to that so still curious.

Yeah, the did mention that it wouldn’t go away and would be available in an ‘off-load’ stash box only but some screen shots of where all that was located probably would’ve helped.

Aye, really should’ve been a pop up upon logging into legacy with an ex-cycle character to be honest. There are literally hundreds of people freaking out in global and the Discord.

Welll… even with the pop-up, honestly, people would go: YES>YES>YES>ACCEPT… and started playing. :smiley:

I asked on Discord and EHG replied that we have to buy the tabs again for legacy stash :cold_sweat:

Thanks for asking. This must be an oversight, cannot be a conscious decision.

So let’s be vocal about this. My take:

I suppose this only affects players that haven’t played (online) during the beta. I would guess that they retain the stash tabs they paid for in the only game mode during beta.

Now for the duration of cycle 1 we had a new game mode for the first time and have been told that we can continue this “save game” in legacy after the end of cycle 1.

So you tell me how am I supposed to play the game if I need to make 50+ million gold before I get to pick up a single new item?

The game lacks core functionality without stash tabs. I can’t experiment with my items for I can’t put them back in the stash. Sounds like a dead end to me.

I know there’s a 200 tab limit and I’m not asking to exceed this, but in PoE you never get reduced to below the amount of tabs that you had “unlocked” simultaneously. I was expecting a merging session at the beginning of cycle 3, when 100+ new tabs need to be merged with 150+ old ones, but this is a massive shock.

Also what is the point of keeping gold but losing stash tabs? Gold = stash tabs.

Please fix this asap.

5 Likes

I’m not sure I fully understand the complaint …

You still have those stash tabs you paid for, you just can’t add new items to them. So it’s not like you lost the gold you spent, the value still exists in the form of remove-only tabs. We didn’t lose anything, except if you had empty tabs I guess.

1 Like

Let me explain: I have paid for some 140 fully functional tabs, I have unlocked those by spending the gold I farmed (CoF).

Removing their functionality comes very close to just deleting everything from cycle 1 and not offer legacy at all. I move stuff in and out of tabs all the time. When I’m at Julra to slam a pair of boots, I might take out 30 exalted boots, craft them, throw 10 away, use 1 and put the remaining 19 back.

I had planned to revisit my cycle 1 characters but respec and regear them from my collection to find something new that works now that the old meta builds have been balanced. That obviously doesn’t work when I can’t put stuff back into my stash.

Sometimes I clean up stuff and take out 10 of the same unique to compare their stats and throw some of them away.

2 Likes

My take would be that it is fair and balanced to receive a gold credit commensurate to the cost of purchasing those tabs. With that you can just rebuy it, but you don’t run into the issue of folks buying 50 tabs a cycle and effectively getting tabs 150-200 at 1-50 prices and thus mitigating the gold sink. It adds inflation as a downside but since they are wanting to be customer-centric when it comes to the transition I could see it as a viable route.

Unfortunately I’m not sure if it’s Still viable given the transition already occurred. I imagine they still have backups and data which can tell them how many stash tabs were converted per account and thus could do it, but can’t guarantee it. Regardless, I agree with your position in theory - for those in similar situations to yours, it’s a devastating gold investment loss.

1 Like

I’m confused, so each new cycle we will have to do this or just the character that is from the last cycle when it is moved to legacy?

legacy tabs always exist in legacy. You will never have to rebuy them. But Cycle tabs, you get all of them once the cycle ends as remove only tabs in your stash. So you can pull them over to your legacy tabs, no problem. And if you play a new cycle character in a new cycle you start fresh, no tabs, no items, nothing carried over, as one would expect.

The specific complaint is regarding someone who never yet played legacy, only cycle. They haven’t purchased any tabs yet in legacy as a result, so they have like 150 remove only tab and only one tab they can pull stuff in and out of. Mind you gold carries over too so it’s trivial to get 10-20 tabs immediately, but if you had bought 150 tabs in cycle and never any in legacy it still hurts to deal with such extreme inventory constraints and “lose” the gold you invested in cycle to buy those tabs.

1 Like

The news does specify that the contents are “items, resonances, gold, crafting materials and faction progress”, stash tabs isn’t mentioned so that seems as intended.

As for why, think about this.
I had 200 stash tabs in cycle 1.0, they trasnfer to Legacy.
Let’s say I will also have 200 stash tabs in cycle 1.1, they’d trasnfer to Legacy.
Repeat for cycle 1.2. Repeat again for cycle 1.3. 1.4 and so on. Eventually, I’ll have thousands upon thousands of stash tabs. I imagine managing that would be pretty clunky :slight_smile:

Yeah this isnt working. The COF reputation is not transferring over. I did get gold, but nothing else. So from now on you should only buy stash tabs in legacy? Why even bother with this - if legacy is always the same - new characters and stash mechanics should be moot. For legacy players it should be transparent - cycles are meaningless except as a patch for features.

The only difference between legacy and cycle is the fresh start and the leaderboards. Everything else is the same. Legacy players get all the new things cycle players do as well (even if the pinnacle boss is delayed a week for them).

Y’all are crazy for that … I have a full roster of characters, over 600 hours of playtime … I only need like 25 stash tabs max. I’m pushing 300 corruption, getting characters to 100… I don’t see the need for more tabs than that in this game.

why they did that??
do not matter…

I would say they did that to save resources, since many cycle players don’t bother logging into legacy at all. In PoE I’m sure I still have dozens of remove-only tabs which I’ve never logged to even check.

I am a Squirrel Beastmaster. Do you know how much 10 squirrels do hoard over hundred of hours and bury in the stash? :chipmunk: :wink:

Sad thing is that I don’t had a reason to play in cycle instead of legacy. But I was new to the game and didn’t know better.

1 Like