Primal Serpent culled by Natural Duality

Exactly as it sounds, the primal serpent summoned by serpent strike is being treated as a companion and despawned immediately after being summoned. Either primal serpent is currently coded as a companion, or Natural Duality and other one companion nodes like it are culling minions that they shouldn’t be.

What does your setup for this look like? Testing on my end is showing that having a Wolf active and then summoning a Serpent through Serpent Strike allows both to appear.

I think it may not actually be an issue with Natural Duality, but possibly the Viper’s Call node for Swarmblade: it’s specifically when I switch to Spriggan form using Swarmkeeper’s Call, having summoned the Serpent through Viper’s Call–modified Armblade Slashes, that it dies.

Since I’m always in Spriggan or Swarmblade form, I don’t have a spear equipped. (Why would I?) I think that’s what kills the Serpent—the game checks for a spear when I swap to Spriggan form, doesn’t find one, and then forgets I have Viper’s Call (since I’m not in Swarmblade at that moment), killing the Serpent as I don’t qualify to use Serpent Strike.

Ah I see now, thanks for the report! I’ll pass this along.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.