Possible Jack of all Trades Mastery

So my fiance and I were talking and we think it would be cool to add a “Jack of all Trades” mastery. Basically it would be something where you would not have a mastery.
This could work a few different ways

• The chain could be removed from all of the trees but you wouldn’t get access to the mastery skill or mastery passive bonus (like the +1 to minions)

• It could function as its own mastery with its own mastery passive and/or skill but not its own passive tree. My idea for this would be like +x for each tree with at least x points allocated. I don’t think it should have ats own skill really though but that would be up to the devs.

• Maybe even its own passive skill tree entirely that is a mix of the other 3 (not including the super specialized passive nodes). When you hit 10/20/30 you would choose 1 of the 3 skills from the other trees at that level. For example at lvl 5 jack of all trades mage would choose from either static orb or flame reave (or whatever the runemaster would have)

Scion?

1 Like

Yeah I kinda feel like OP could have saved a lot of typing if they just wrote “Please add a nearly 1:1 copy of POE’s Scion to the game”.

Its not nearly the same because scion has access to EVERY class tree. This would just be a mage class jack who only has access to the mage trees.

This all started because I was thinking of playing a mastery-less character but you can’t progress in the story with out choosing a mastery.

This didn’t stop me. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool but I feel like it would be too much of a grind? You would be limited to old story content for 20-30 levels into you’re strong enough for the monolith. It’d be fine after that though

The mastery being tied to the main quest is mildly irritating.

How far did you get in lol so far? Did it take a long time to get to 45/50?

If they don’t want to make a mastery-less class like this they really need to pull mastery out of the main quest line.

It wasn’t a SSF character so I just used previously obtained arena keys to run the Arena from level 25 to about level ~40-45 (as Arena scales with your level), and then went into the MoF.

Yes, it’s a moderate grind at the lower levels and a more significant grind at the higher levels because you lose out on a lot of damage from missing out on Idols and Passives, but that’s to be expected.

Defenses were quite different back then, but one can still do it now if they wanted. It just takes time – and a lot more time if you go SSF with it.

1 Like

Did they change the story so you hAve to do mastery now? Used to be once you spawned the portal you could just talk to the other dude again and continue you masterless

When you talk to him again he tells you to talk to her before he lets you move on

1 Like

I’m not sure I’ve ever played a version of the game where it wasn’t mandatory to select your Mastery before being able to progress in the story. So I don’t know when that change was made, but yes you have to select your Mastery to continue in the story.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.