Performance & Optimization | Coming in Convergence

Yep. i am 100% agree. Default font looks bad for non-Latin glyphs.

Or simply allow for players to change default font via settings or config file (while game in beta) so we can feedback devs with comparable screenshots.

For Linux, given that the Windows binary is much less buggy than the Linux one (in 0.8.5f) I’d almost prefer that EHG continues to focus on making a great release on one platform, that I can run flawlessly over Proton / Wine (which already converts DX calls to VK under the hood)

This was the kind of post I wanted to see a year ago. It’s been a really long wait but we’re finally seeing some detailed explanations and investigations. Super interesting stuff. Looking forward to more!

I’ll admit that much of what I read went over my head but for what I was able to comprehend… is amazing to see. I loved the examples showing exactly what you were talking about. This is a really great post and can’t wait to see how much better it plays on my very aging machine!

Thanks for the extensive and detailed post about performance issues, is quite interesting.

Is down to personal priorities but for me, performance is key in the enjoyment of an action game, over even new content.

I really enjoy posts like these that goes behind the scene on what it takes to deliver these games we all enjoy. It really helps me appreciate the thoughts and effort that is required to achieve the quality bars. I hope to read more posts like this! :slight_smile:

Patch Notes today?!?

I just thinking about putting something called DxVK but idk its allowed by the TOS
you get it from the github there and put files related to the same DX that is used by the game and run the game, simple as that.
I use that stuff pretty well playing fallout 4 - better and more stable fps , less drops in places around Diamond city etc.
But it can crash our cause more graphic issues/artefact as or wont work.

Given the devs have said that modifying the mp client in any way for any purpose is against the ToS, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that no, its not allowed…

Though i suspect that they said it on discord as it wasn’t Mike who said it here.

Edit: Discord

When the game crashed for me, I saw a crash reporter popup saying Unity 2019, I know you have a lot of other priorities right now and an engine version upgrade is a time-consuming task that brings a lot of risk… but given the additions to Unity in the last years, I think it may be beneficial for the game’s performance to switch to one of the latest versions.

What specifically is in the latest engine that would be beneficial? Curious how much it’s advanced

I am not a game dev, and not working with Unity, but they advertised some improvements to something called Shader Graph and Rendering Debugger, as well as the integration of upscaling tools like DLSS and AMD FSR, for example.

Feel free to look up what’s new in Unity3D, I am the wrong guy to tell you. But I think that some useful things regarding performance improvements are in there. And in almost 5 years of time, I’m sure they have optimized their tools and maybe the performance of the rendering pipeline.

Yes, just probably not enough to justify the time required (as they have said before).

Yah. Mikes most recent response is it wont happen before 1.0, so theres hope yet! :smiley:

1 Like

Good time, the problem is the following, on my AMD rx 6600 - the game consumes all available video memory 8/8gb - reinstalling the game, reinstalling the driver update does not lead to anything, the developers are aware of this problem?

• But that’s not all - with the open browser game at all refuses to work, crashes with an error.
  • This problem is only for amd rx 6000 series? or such a video memory consumption on some other series have.

Доброго времени, проблема в следующем, на моей AMD rx 6600 - игра потребляет всю доступную видеопамять 8/8gb - переустановка игры, переустановка обновление драйверов ни к чему не приводит, разработчики в курсе данной проблемы?

• но это не всё - с открытым браузером игра вообще отказывается работать, вылетает с ошибкой.
  • эта проблема только для amd rx 6000 серии? или такое потребление видео памяти на каких то еще сериях есть.

I have a 6600 xt and 0 issues. I haven’t heared of any problems about this specific issue. You might get faster help if you write a bug report in the bug section because maybe there is something wrong with the game. I can’t tell because I never had issues playing LE since I have the 6600 xt card.