Patch Preview: Beta 0.7.1

More great news! Any chance you could make selling items only require to left-click the item you wish to sell?

Can’t wait to try out the new stuff, great game!

Does ward really need that nerf? I don’t know what its like at endgame but when I was taking a mage through the story I couldn’t even get ward to build up because it drops so fast. Maybe it should decay based on how much you currently have instead? Its just gonna suck if ward is useless all the way up to endgame where it finally becomes good because you are decked out in OP items.

Does ward really need that nerf? I don’t know what its like at endgame but when I was taking a mage through the story I couldn’t even get ward to build up because it drops so fast. Maybe it should decay based on how much you currently have instead? Its just gonna suck if ward is useless all the way up to endgame where it finally becomes good because you are decked out in OP items.

That is exactly how it works Telzen :slight_smile: It takes a %age of your current ward and decays it. Current ward generation systems dont rely much/too much on gear, its mostly passives and skills, which means the “broken ward values” arent dependent on endgame gear and can be achieved relatively easily (which explains the nerf/change). Lastly, this is probably the perfect time for large numbers experimentation, as we are far from the “fine tuning balance by making smaller adjustments” which will probably happen post-launch or at least closer ^^

Next patch looking great with nice performance improvements, more uniques and item bases, tons of UI stuff mmh
Take all the time needed, we trust in you EHG to keep making the game better and better every time ! :smiley:

Excellent news!

I’ve already offered my opinion about ward mechanics. Though current ward gain/max really needs to be nerfed, this correction wont solve the core problems of mechanics itself. With it, you guy’s are doomed to return and correct those numbers every time the game changes :pensive: .

P.S. And yes, good to see everything else :blush: .

Excellent, keep up the great work!

Hope for mp soon:)

That’s not what I’m saying. Right now you degen 40% of your ward per second no matter how much you currently have. What I mean is that the amount you degen should be based on how much you have. So say you currently have 50 ward then maybe you only degen 15% per second, but the higher you go the degen gets worse and worse.

Who asked for areas to be shortened? Ridiculous.
You want bigger areas not smaller. Why would you want to reduce the size of the game?
Impatient people who only want to do the end content rather than play the game, so whine and get things reduced for everyone. They are two of the better areas because they’re not over before you start to get hooked into them.
Sad.

7 Likes

I have to agree with Wormbait on this.

There are those of us who do explore a whole area, who do engage with all of the game and who are getting fed up with the ‘gotta make it smaller so I can go faster’ influence on games.

2 Likes

I’m the type who usually explores every nook and cranny of a level. But running through giant levels that are mostly empty and have like 2 enemy types repeated over and over isn’t fun.

If they made the areas have more visual variety, added more stuff into the level like events and lore, and upped the enemy variety then the size would be fine. But the way they are right now is just a slog to get through.

2 Likes

I don’t get your point. What would you achieve by basing the decay % on your total amount of ward?

With having ward decay being a fix percentage of your currently amount of ward the pure number of ward that decays per second is already increasing with your current ward.

20% of 100 ward is 5 ward decay
20% of 200 ward is 10 ward decay

So the higher your ward is the faster it decays.

Now if you would also increase the percentage of ward decay based on the current amount of ward the rate of decay would be increasing more with gaining more ward.

1 Like

What would ‘max’ ward even be? I had one build (not sure if it’s still possible) where the amount I could stabilize at was like 400 out of combat and about 1200 when in combat.

Though I think what Telzen means is that the percentage of decay increases with more ward. This makes it easier to sustain, and probably develop around, lower/medium levels of ward while exceptionally high numbers have a ‘natural’ limit. So, just making up numbers here…

At 100 ward, you’re losing 10% a second, or 10 ward.
At 500 ward, you’re losing 50% a second, or 250 ward.
At 1000 ward, you’re losing 100% a second, or 1000 ward.
At 2000 ward, you’re losing 200% a second, or 4000 ward… which would be downright impossible to maintain currently, I believe.

When will skills that - as of now don’t have specialization trees - start having them? I admit I was disappointed to level up characters of multiple classes only to learn that half of the skills I learned don’t have any sort of specialization tree at all. Especially skills that are meant to define the class like Druid’s shapeshifting or any of Paladin’s skills.

You should be able to get a free full respec when skills become available because you are leveling your passive nodes to take full advantage of your skills so without being able to specialize in a skill you end up not taking a lot of nodes you would have taken if you were able to specialize in the skill from the beginning.

Agree. I hope this is a short term qol adjustment. Once there are more event and lores that can be built into areas, hopefully devs will revert to having larger maps.

Agree with @Jerle, @Telzen, @Wormbait, @Neux here

While in it’s current state the areas can be boring to explore but there is no denying that they are very well designed. Which is why I disagree with shortening them not to mention doing so is definitely not the solution.

You guys have given us some beautiful maps, instead of shortening them it’d be better to just add more quests and lore notes to them to incentivize exploration. I have already brought this up in a separate thread.

Your aim should be to incentivize exploration.

4 Likes

like others have stated, DONT FUCKING SHRINK THE MAPS, add more details into them to make the walking worth it it! example: higher density of enemies, different enemies, lore books, and items in certain parts of the map/and or starting low level uniques 100% drop if you open a bush/barrel ect… in a certain area of a map next to some great stone relic, or very artsy temple, or god statue… be creative, be unique with some ideas to fill the maps with :slight_smile:)

The lack of specializations for all skills is the reason I haven’t played LE for some time.

Adding new masteries got me hyped to play them, but when I found that they weren’t complete the hype quickly faded. Which is unfortunate as, otherwise, I really like where the game is going.

I think game optimization is very important for me🐶