Passive Node Ideas - Mage

Runemaster nodes: Minion stats, minion mechanics please, and thank you.

focus on mirrior images from the teleport skill to be an army of capable spell slingers at your command.

You no longer crit
Each time you would have crit, the extra damage is stored as a charge
Whenever you cast a spell that costs at least x amount of mana, all damage from charges are added to the spell
Max 100 charges

Decreases the targets poison resistance each time they take a tick of poison damage
The amount increases with each consecutive tick

Changes meteor’s spell damage type to whichever element has the most plus spell damage

Upon reaching x stacks of ignite, the target’s weapons will melt, decreasing their damage dealt by x

Elemental orb
Path 1:
Over the next 2 seconds, all damage output of a single element is accumulated then ejected as a massive, slow moving orb of the same element type
Orb speed is affected by haste
Path 1-2:
The orb leaves behind a trail that has a +50% chance to ignite, freeze, or shock, depending on the element of the orb
Path 1-3:
The orb now returns toward the caster after reaching 30 yards

Path 2:
Elemental orb now produces four orbs that rotate around the caster, exploding on impact and dealing aoe damage to all enemies within 10 yards
Path 2-2:
Elemental orbs have an x% chance to leave behind a black hole upon impact
Path 2-3:
A massive meteor of the same element type falls at the caster’s location after four orbs are detonated

1. Spellblade passive: Toggle: Your spellblade has bought a bow!
    -> All “melee” on spellblades passive tree is converted to ranged/bow.
    -> PLUS another passive point: 20/40/60/80/100 % of your ward rentention is converted to increased ranged/bow critical strike chance.

2. Mage(/maybe sorcerer?) Passive (should be placed in the middle of row 25): Requires a Wand, Staff or Sceptre.
    -> After every 4000 Mana spend (there should be a good mana counter visible then), you gain 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100 % increased mana regeneration for 10 seconds. This effect can’t stack.

3. Spellblade passive: You use your unique spellblade powers to get rid of unworthy creeps more quickly, releasing magical blades hitting all non crittet ones again.
    -> After every critical hit you do with a melee(/bow) attack, you hit all not crittet enemies within a 2/4/6/8/10 m range, beginning from the crittet enemy, again.

4. Runemaster Mastery Bonus:
    -> The Runemaster can select what his main attribute is. All his skills bases mainly on this attribute then. Can be changed all time.
    -> He automatically takes the single highest amount of attack speed (melee/bow/throwing) from char sheet (press c) and the single highest base amount from base critical strike chance (spell/melee/bow) from char sheet (press c).
    -> Further he has the ability to select what of his reached resistance pools (fire, cold, void and so on, from all sources) are related/bound/ect. to what resistances. Can be changed all time.
    [This thing(s) could be done by opening char sheet (press c), then for example select/click on “fire resistance” and bring a drop down menu which contains all avaiable resistance numbers and on what they’re attached to yet.] [And for selecting a main attribute just click on the attribute you wish and set a visible Runemaster symbol next to it. Done.]
    This whole thing could be a tricky thing on endgame… maybe it could be done for another class instead.

Spellblade passive: Convert Melee Phys damage on weapons to Melee Elemental based on the skill it is used, eg Shatterstrike to cold, Surge to lightining.

I think more proced abilities like fire aura would be good, I feel the sorcerer needs more defensive options.
My vote is for frost armour as a node proc, sorcerer encased in protective ice armour, you want to see it, it would look cool (I will see myself out).

There used to be something like that then they removed it. Though it was on the Spellblade tree.

Probably because of shiver armour (armour + cold res) in the snap freeze tree but I am not exicited about that node and almost never use snap freeze, hopefully snap freeze gets an update.
I still think it would be visually pleasing to have frost armour especially considering the good job they have done (so far) with Glacier.

Hi,
I can see a lot of triggered skill effects in the mage tree and they are somewhat arbitrary. For example, trigger nova when teleport or trigger spark charge, etc. when spark orb explodes.

Can we introduce passives that allow a more customizable triggering behavior?
My humble suggestions include more diversity of triggering events: on death, on hit, on crit, on being hit, on dodge, on ward gain, on ward expire, on double cast, etc. & dynamic triggered unique effects that either comes from skills or a pool of non-skill effects.

You may introduce damage effectiveness for triggering, which should be lower than casting. However, please avoid cooldowns because it is unfun.

Thanks.

posted something like this on the reddit.

But almost every lightning skill has the ability to cast Lightning Blast or Proc Lightning Aegis. This level of cohesion is amazing and allows you to still benefit from crit even when you channel Disintegrate. This also means that a mage/sorcerer specced into the lightning tree is the strongest version of Sorcerer out right now. I’ would love if Frost Spells and fire spells got the same treatment while still allowing for you to be flexible in your build path.

Rime. This buff needs to have more ways to be acquired.

When you convert Disintegrate to 100% Lightning you get the ability to spec into having it cast Lightning Strike. I would love for more interactions like this

I would like to see more dot passives for frost/fire or seperate🙂

1. Your 10th/7th/5th/3th ignite ll do 50%/100%/150%/200% more ignite damage. This effect can’t spread.
  2. Each ignite in last 4 seconds increases your fire dmg per 5%. Stacks 10/15/20 times. This effect has half value when attacking elites and bosses. Same for frost dots.
  3. Tale of frost and fire : your ignites have 4%/8%/12%/16%/20% chance to apply frost dot on your enemy for the same damage as ignite. Your frost dot do exactly the same with same %.
  4. Your ignites/frost dots are ticking 25%/50%/75%/100% faster.
  5. Last row of sorcerer passives: your fire/frost dots have 15%/20%/25% to make first 2 ticks deal double dmg.
  6. Your ignite application have 5% chance to blast and stun your enemy for 2s. Your frost dots ticks have 5% chance to freeze your enemy for 2s. This effects last 1s on bosses.
  7. Ignites application have 10% chance to make your next fire spell crit. Frost dots application same effect for frost spell.
    With respect,
    MBJ

A passive node for sorcerer:

While channeling, every second you gain a stack of 10% increased global damage (multiplicative) but take 10% more damage.
5 points max, 1 point = +1 max stacks.

Name can be along the idea of loss of control, the idea is that the mage instead of channeling his magic properly, he lets it loose chaotically which costs him his health and well being in some way.
Added mana cost can be added to the idea too, or constant health degen.

Passive node for sorcerer:

Name: Perfectionist

Effect: Critical hits grant (perfection buff) 5% increased damage (multiplicatice), 5 stacks max. On a non critical hit take 1d4 mental damage err i mean take 7% of max hp times current stacks of “perfection” buff worth of damage.

Number can be different ofcourse, downside could be a different thing alltogether, the mage just seems like a perfectionist type of person so i thought this would suit him well.

I love the idea of someone getting right up in your face with spells - so naturally i made a channeled Fire Nova mage

Id love to see more support for melee casting (theres a lot of stuff with bonuses for hitting from 5+ meters away in mage)
So the idea is a passive you put up to 3 points in;
When casting, if a nearby enemy is hit - Gain 5 ward (Doesnt scale), for each of up to 1/2/3 nearby enemies hit (.5 Second cd)
This way it wouldnt be super abused on just nova casters, and the small cooldown means the rapid hitting would also not break it

Glacier Strike, which turns Glacier into a Melee attack.

Glacier Strike converts the type to Melee and uses only the third blast, right in front of you.

Another node for the Glacier Strike, which makes the Glacier Strike additionally cast on you, hardening your skin and increasing your armor by 5%, equal to the damage of the Glacier Strike.

Another node, which increases the armor for each enemy hit by Glacier Strike by 2% of the damage inflicted by Glacier Strike. Glacier Strike has an increased cooldown. The duration of the effect is slightly less than the cooldown.

Another node that no longer affects armor, but ensures that a certain percentage of the damage dealt is converted to life.

Those are basically a few ideas, for a melee build.

I would like Rime buff to be stackable. Currently (greater) ice vortex node feels very underwhelming for how much nodes it needed compared to crit glacier build.

Surge Wave - Kills with Surge refresh Surge.
Grants the ability for surge to be a “main” killing skill. Who doesn’t want to zig-zag and take out 5+ enemies at once? I personally think it’s really cool. The current cool down timer kills it (mob-wise anyway).

Overloaded - Surge no longer has a cool down time but costs 300% more mana.
Another idea for Surge to be a main skill, but more boss focused.

I’m also hoping to see more interaction with the base Mage skills and Spellblade as currently there aren’t much. Perhaps uniques will fix this I’m hoping :b

Hey, everybody.
The question is off-topic.
Doing 4 mage characters already (Sorcerer). No way to kill Majasa (the game’s final boss is a snake) in her second phase. Did different builds with different combinations of abilities. Played through a ward. Played through max life. Kills me in phase 2 in just a few seconds. Can you tell me why and what I’m doing wrong?

Let’s see your build(s).

EDIT:
Sidenote:
Ward gets to 10,000+ on the mage, along with over 1,000 Ward regeneration per second.

Put as many points as possible into a ward and its regeneration? And look for attributes on Ward and its regeneration?
Maybe I did something wrong but my mages (Sorcerer) ward stats at 55+ level is very low. I don’t even have enough of them to mitigate the damage of normal (blue) monsters. I’ll see what I can do about that.)
Thank you

Expansion for Gemini’s passive skill.
Adds melee elemental damage of N% when wielding a sword.

The purpose of this change is to increase the efficiency of different swords relative to CrystalSword (without increasing or decreasing CrystalSword efficiency).