Paladin, Vengance and Healing Hands

what do you mean by 200%? if I have displayed on stats healing effectiveness of 500% then HH benefit twice like I would have 1000% and then that spell damage node would provide +200 flat spell damage(and which will be converted to melee via Seraph) ?

Yeah.

Added damage effectiveness is a modifier for all flat damage. Every skill has the stat, the default is 100% (so 1 point of flat damage from a weapon, passive or skill node gives the skill +1 flat damage to be modified by any % modifiers) & if a skill has no stated added damage effectivenes then it’s using 100%.

If a skill has a different listed added damage effectiveness (eg, Void Cleave has an added damage effectiveness of 400%) then any flat damage is modified by this number, so for Void Cleave, +1 of flat damage is treated by the skill as +4 (1 * 4) before being modified by any % modifiers.

Since Healing Hands has a 200% added damage effectiveness modifier if you take the Searing Light node, any flat damage from any other source is doubled. So if you had Bane of Evil & 500% Healing Effectiveness then Healing Hands gets 500% / 10% = 50 flat spell damage from the Bane of Evil node which then gets doubled for the melee hit from Searing Light (50 x 2 = 100) then modified by any % modifiers.

2 Likes

ah see---- you can jsut spam seraph blade for dps if you spec into it.

some things about taking clerics hammer AND seraphs blade.

1. chammer adds HH to you X attack-- in this case vengeance.

2. but at 120% mana cost, for less healing output

3. serpahs blade is currently scaling off healing effectiveness/attunement/fire and SPELL speed for some crazy reason

4, so when you use vengeance, and by doing you are activating HH, you are healing yourself for less per swing, and losing more mana per swing.

why do this when you can jsut use Seraphic blades HH by itself?------ also-- your ward generating is based of healing effectiveness; and clerics hammers nueters ward generation.

HH and Serpahic HH generate full ward generation, full healing, and full damage.

Unless im missing something and by speccing into clerics hammer AND seraphic blades it allows you to bypass the extra mana cost, the lowered heal output and the lowered ward generation.

I’m not generating ward. I’m using healing. My mana cost for HH is easily nullified by passive node in sentinel. And using vengeance I’m getting global damage boost, 25% damage reduction, fire resist shred and armor shred.

2 Likes

Soooooo, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t just a ‘tad’ (/sarcasm) bit disappointed. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah, getting the exalted attack speed modifier would have been nuts.

1 Like