[Paladin] Sigils of Hope is clunky and inconsistent; needs some tweaking

I don’t like the fact that each sigil have its own timer. It makes managing sigils tedious.

I agree.

There doesn’t seem to be any reasonable way to keep sigils up without lots of mana regen and standing in place for 3 seconds to cast.

I do agree that its weird that the stacks fall off with their own timers.

Its also requires that the chance to gain a sigil is based off of kills, and that it’s only 6%. This forces that talent to only be useful in maps where there’s packs of minions, and extra terrible with bosses.

Maybe make a talent that casts all of them at once, or instant cast by default, or lower the mana cost.

I’m playing a Shield minion warpath Forge Guard. Currently lvl 70 in solo hardcore. Still got a lot of gear (and idols) to try. But so far Sigil is quite lackluster. And for forge weapon builds you don’t have much options (especially if not 2Hand). I’m using Warpath, Forge Strike, Manifest Armor and Ring of Shields already, and as a last skill trying Sigil of Hope. I can’t take the 6% on kill as a minion build and the mana cost is just ridiculous to sustain.

I want to remove the skill but what else can I take? I maxed duration and mana efficiency, didn’t even take the instant specialization even though I’d love to, and it’s still too much mana to sustain. And now I’ve spent most of my points just trying to sustain it, that I don’t really even notice much of a difference between having the buff active or not (especially the 30% health regen on minions, I can’t see a difference at all) Maybe the regen isn’t working on minions.

Either way, fully investment into uptime, so the buff itself is weak, yet I still can’t sustain it.

I think if you are specializing purely into sustain then you are already sacrifice points that you could have used to increase the buffs power, so you should be rewarded for high uptime. But instead you get neither.

This is especially important for minion builds since otherwise you are forced into 2h void cleave for buffs. Or just play with 1 less skill I guess…

1 Like

Maybe adding some stat scaling could help. Like attunement for Mana Efficiency. Just look at Teleport from mages. Such a useful skill, costs not much mana with a bit of Int and has so many buffs on cast. SoH pales in comparison.

If you have the 6% chance to procc on kill it doesn’t consume mana so you are fine with that.
If you kill things quick enough you shouldn’t need to even cast it (I never do and I am around 3-4 sigils all the time)
Regarding void cleave I definitely think you should take it, it’s so much dmg for your minions,

Enchant Weapon has an autocast node. I want something similar for SoH and Devouring Orb (I’m sure there are others, but those are the ones that chafe me).

For context; I’m using the Devouring Orb circles you part of the tree, and I think auto-cast only makes sense in this part of the tree, and I’d be willing to use a point (in this part of the tree) to make the orb auto-cast. Yes, I know I can use a num-lock trick to force a button to auto-cast, I’m against having to make the user learn and do hacky things.

I have to manage the mana, the cool down and the combat, don’t make me press a button that I want pressed as soon as it’s off cool down. Please?

I don’t have any troubles playing SoH with my build. 22 mana regen ftw. They last veery long with increased duration node. All I want is normal cooldown timer.

" I’ve also seen a few cases where I’ll have 4 stacks and the stacks drop down to 2 (sometimes!)." Sigh… you are posting about skill problems and even understand how it works… maaan. I am explain it to you: every sigil you cast have it’s own duration. Press ‘Q’ for example and u see (1) and timer. Press ‘Q’ again and u see (2) and timer refreshed. But on timer u see not duration of all your sigils, they don’t stack and don’t replenish duration. On timer u see duration of last casted sigil and count of current sigils. That shit need some tune to show valid info, I writed that in another post about SoH.

Now, may be 10% mana cost reduce would be helpfull for some builds. That doesn’t make warpath+sigil build works coz of warpath mana problems, there is no way. But I believe u can play sigils just as it is now. Just don’t fking cast them on “every 5 seconds” dafaq u even need that? they last 15 seconds. I bet its visual timer problem. Cheers.

This is simply untrue. I’ve never ran a map, even an arena map where I haven’t’t needed to cast sigil.

You are lying to yourself.

You’re talking about mana regen to someone using warpath?

Sigh… you’re not paying attention.

I am clearly said about warpath specificaly. You just don’t want to see it.

I don’t like keeping track of all my buffs, and a build should not need 100% uptime on 4 sigils to feel good. If so there might be a problem with the build.
Sigils offers a lot, flat dmg (melee, throwing and spell), increased general damage, life regen, healing, block, endurance threshold. It has to come with a price. That price is high mana cost and duration. If you can’t afford that in your build maybe sigils is not a good option

So, are there any plans to rework this horrible skill into something interactive? Like a long cooldown with a short duration that you have to use strategically, similar to Rebuke. Second aura or autocast is out of question, as developers stated multiple times they don’t want passive abilities, and Paladin already has one aura.

use that node that makes Sogil possible to cast without need to interrupt your attacks, instant casts, is much wasier to manage.

I’m using it and also just hold down the ability’s key, so there’s nothing to manage. That does leave me to only 0-cost abilities, but that’s totally better than having to monitor the amount of stacks and their duration constantly.
Either way, this ability is boring and tedious to use, and even if you automate it, it just becomes a second aura.