Paladin Retaliation build 0.7.8f

all you care about is the 4/4 28% increased melee damage PER cast in last 4 seconds. THis allows 200 - 1000% increased melee damage depending how you have it set up and thats what makes vengeance hit so hard

Can someone tell me if the Healing Effectiveness stat will increase all the little heals Paladins can get from passives and skill nodes? Examples:

Gain 25 Health when you hit with Vengeance
Gain 6 Health when you hit with Lunge

etc, that kind of thing

No, 'cause health on hit isn’t a heal (nor would it affect leech). Healing Effectiveness affects heal skills, such as Healing Hand & the AoE from Judgement.

Damn. I think I’ve screwed my build then…here’s the potential final nail in the coffin, do I count as an ally of myself? For example in the Grace node of Smite.

Generally no, “allies” does not include the player, at the moment it’s just minions. And currently Smite’s AoE heal won’t heal the player (though it will proc health on hit from the initial hit but not fissure).

Edit: Which sucks.

Smite’s AoE is definitely healing me, I tested it extensively. I let trash whale on me till my health was about 66% and a single Smite insta-healed me to full. (I have quite a bit of healing Effectiveness).

Are you sure you didn’t have any health on hit? I put an Exsanguinous on my Forge Guard, waited till the HP stabilised then used a Smite on the training dummy & my hp went up by 16 (from 136 to 152) due to Regenerator. If the AoE did heal, I’d have expected to hit 172 hp, which would have been quite noticeable.

Plus the devs have said before that “allies” does not include the player, though IMO Smite’s heal should also heal the caster.

I tried your experiment with Exsanguinous. My health dropped off to 53. I then cast Smite on the dummy from way out of range and health went to 87. I guess that’s my Health on Hit? I then retried by casting Smite within the heal range (i.e right beside the dummy) and my Health went to 335. And 3 casts of Smite took me to full health (751).

That’s very odd as I’m not getting any different healing whether I’m right next to the dummy or a long way from it. The only other Smite-related things I have are the smite-on-throwing-attack idol & Temporal Corruption. Perhaps Temporal Corruption removes the heal from Smite?

Just did a small test & without Temporal Corruption my hp went up to ~172 when standing right next to the dummy, so I’ll be posting that as a bug then as the passive makes no mention of removing the heal…

Edit: D’oh!

We have a winner.

So…does this mean I am my own ally, given Smite’s wording?

For Smite’s heal, yes, but generally no. Though I can’t find the post from the devs that talks about allies.

Edit: In support for my argument though, Smite’s heal that only state’s allies will heal the player, but Shield Throw’s Aegis node (Shield Throw can target allies & grants them armour) doesn’t affect the player, nor does it’s Faithguard node.

The wording of Shield Throw’s Aegis node specifically allows ricochets to allies other than yourself, which to me strongly suggests that you are generally considered an ally.

If you are an ally, why does Holy Aura state “you and nearby allies”. Ring of shields only states “allies” on it’s Healing Shields node, but the shields are minions & they are the ones doing the casting/healing, so that makes sense. Sigils of Hope also states “you and allies”, Judgement only states “allies” but will heal the player.

The usage of the term “ally” is not consistent. Maybe they changed how the skills worked at some point in the paste & forgot to update the wording.

I am all your allies when nearby you if you healed an ally last 4 seconds by an ally of yours near me.

Glad to see your time away from Last Epoch has had no lasting effects.

1 Like

I speak in last epoch terms at work all the time and people just look at me funny now.

Coworker -“have you had a break recently”
Me - “no ive been working the entire last 4 seconds”

Coworker -“how do you make the nights go faster?”
Me -“anomaly”

Coworker -“how do we get the new guys to work faster?”
Me -“Hit them with smite”

3 Likes

At player level 70 with 77 block and without the rare “dmg taken as” shards, this build is moderately tanky but relatively slow. I think this build requires all of the vengeance idols (I only have 2) and definitely needs the rare affixes.

I am going to craft some new gear since we sit at 0 dodge, all of my existing feat maximizes health, glancing blow and dodge. I spent 150k trying to get the amulet with no luck and have never seen those rare shards. Do the shards require a minimum level to start dropping?

According to lastepochtools.com, the prefixes (cold/lightning/fire) can drop from lvl 1 & are common, but the suffixes (necrotic/poison/void) are very rare & drop from lvl 49.

Oh man… So is the affix name for Necrotic Damage Taken as Physical “of purity”? It says the same thing for both regular Necrotic Protection and the rare version. The name of the Helm when applied is: “of Cleansing Purity” but the Cleansing is due to the Poison Damage Taken as Physical. Now I am wondering if I have missed any items I could have shattered.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.