Optimization and Stability of Graphics

I am sure the Developers are actively working on this but wanted to post about it in hopes that certain things may not go overlooked. I play on a rig consisting of a ASUS z390-P motherboard with up to date bios and latest version of windows 10 with every driver in the rig up to date, an Intel i7-9700k CPU, and Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, and a 1tb 970 Evo NVME SSD game drive. In my time playing I noticed right away that the master quality setting creates a huge performance impact if set to medium or above (Medium using 6.8 -7gb out of 8gb of available video memory, which just seems outrageous.) Also creating a custom graphics setting by selecting a default master setting and adjusting the advance setting parameters maybe to lower than what you have the master setting set to, doesn’t seem to effect or change graphics performance in any way, rather than if you were to just use the master setting to adjust graphics. (Although the advanced settings still made visual changes.) Just seems that some optimization is needed here.

furthermore, after finding a graphics preset that worked, the games graphics did seem to run fairly stable! Certain areas on the other hand seemed to render terribly (Dropping FPS from the 100-110 range down to 20 FPS a complete stutter storm) In hopes that it would help I set the graphics to the lowest values possible, and also even tried restarting the game to re-enter said area, and the rendering issue in the area still had persisted until I had left and continued through the storyline. It was a completely cleared enemy area, and mostly dark with very few reflections, which really made me wonder. So I had also checked background Processes for a possible culprit and found nothing out of the ordinary. I had ran into a few areas like this.

I am aware that the developers are most likely working on issues like this, and id like to commit and help in anyway possible. LE has great potential some of the best graphics I have actually seen in an ARPG. In good hopes! Optimizations for this title will present an overall smoothness and playability on multiple specs of hardware for LE users.

Yeah, optimization is definitely something EHG continues to work on in nearly every patch they release. Next patch, 0.8.1, there are some further optimizations coming but, as mentioned below, we’ll likely have to wait for the entirety of this long-term optimization project to be implemented before seeing significant changes in performance.

It’s certainly something they’re focusing more heavily on as multiplayer looms in the future;

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.