Offline Characters still being overwritten on 0.9G

Whenever I create more than 6 characters, or at least that’s the limit that I’ve found, my oldest character is getting overwritten, and essentially deleted. This has happened twice now. I’m on version 0.9G.
Player.log (450.8 KB)

Actually, it looks like this problem is significantly worse. Anytime you use the newly created characters now, they rollback to lvl 1 when you leave or exit game. I can’t progress on them at all.

This isn’t just new characters, I had my lvl 60 druid roll back to 60 from 62, a good 3 times today, at which point I gave up. The game just seems to “forget” to update the save files so when you hit “leave game” you find yourself at whatever level you were when you loaded the character.

Also running into this issue. I made 3 new characters tonight, had to log out to do some work. When I got back in all characters were back at level 1. Got them all to around level 6-11 and this is in offline mode.

Confirmed. Lost 10 levels today

yeah me too. all legendaries and levels are lost :frowning:

Very sorry about this, we are aware of this bug and will get a fix out tomorrow as soon as possible.

So far the problem appears to be linked to using the Leave Game button to return to character select and then going back into game. Playing a single character and exiting to desktop should work. If this problem happened to you in another scenario please let us know.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is related, but I was playing an online character early yesterday morning. I was 26 when I logged out. I quit to desktop at the end of my session. When trying to log in a few minutes ago there was a definite and significant hang up when attempting to switch between characters on the select screen. Also when my character did load visually, all gear (weapons, armor, etc.) was missing. I attempted to log into the game anyway to see if the issue would correct itself, but I was met with a never ending load screen.

Playing on 0.9g I think.

Hi, i lost about 6-7 hours on farming yesterday logged on this morning to my ONLINE character and it has push my back to level 85 from i think 89 maybe 87, and all my gear which i made huge improvements with multiple reign of dragon boss clears to finaly get twisted heart now its its all gone wich really sucks before i put anymore time into this is this fix goign to restore my stuff or is this gone forever?
Player-prev.log (53.2 KB)

Really sorry to hear that. Could you confirm the approximate time you were last playing this character (before the progress loss) and the name of the character? That will make it faster for us to investigate and find out what went wrong.

This thread is for Offline characters which is a different problem but we will absolutely look into this as well. (For anyone else having issues in Online, please make a new thread)

hi mate aprox 1 AM GMT ( +1 i think. we just went forward an hour) character name is sprash.

Hi, Started a new character last night. Missed the unique reward glove from PNJ, by talking to gambling PNJ first (nothing wrong here). Decided to exit by Leaving Game, and create a new one (yeah a second new character). Finally , got the gloves unique reward, putted in stash and decided to log the 1st new character.

• My first new character was still lvl 1 and spawn at fresh start, instead of Council Chamber.
  • Glove Unique Item Reward was not in stash
  • Almost lost more than 1 hour of early gameplay (not a big deal but…)
  • Seems i have to start a third one…
    All of this, was OFFLINE characters. Hope you fix it asap.
    Kind of scary when talking about characters progression and stuffs.
    PS : dont click on LEAVE GAME and reLOG my friends

Had a bit of free time today, decided to play Necro all day. It hasn’t saved my offline character since I finished the Main Story. I logged out, did some chores, played again… lost all that progress. Tried again maybe an hour ago, same deal, played, leveled up, logged out of game… just checked back, still lost all that progress and gear and exp.

It’s a patch, it happens, but wanted to report another experience.

edit: To be clear, I don’t think it’s saved progress since about 3 or more hours ago, and since then, if I play anything and log out, it’ll revert to that state. I should be grateful the save function failed after I finished the main story!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.