Official Last Epoch Manual

Hello my friends!
You guys are like Rocky Balboa for me. Always trying to be better and never giving up. And maybe my advice will be decent enough. What I want to tell and ask you for is the good official manual for the game. I think it will be such advantage that allow you to win the fight with such Apollo Creed as Path of Exile and maybe it will allow you to beat even Clubber Lang such as Diablo 4. I’ve got this idea when I streamed PoE and then I realised that I could not understand simple thing as to how zoom in and out the map. And one of my viewers told me that I should push plus and minus buttons. I felt that game should explain it to me. Why such basic things should be a secret for the player…I think that manual should thoroughly explain following thing:

1. Game mechanics,
  2. Game controls (both basic and advanced),
  3. Story,
  4. Character’s specifics,
  5. List of changes in manual tied with patches issued.

Thanks in advance for any fair answers!

Last Epoch already has an excellent game guide available in-game.

Basic Things like control and hotkeys are currenlty not part of that, but could be easily added.

But the game guide of LE is very detailed and good already and way beyond the usual quality of similar things in other games.

LE still is a very complex game and it’s close to impossible to explain every possible interaction between multiple elements though.

You need to Press [G], when you are In-Game. to open the game guide.

One point that is very important here I think is, that players need to made aware of this game guide existing at multipel occasions, because I think a lot of people don’t knwo about it.

Here is a snippet of the game guide, so you have a rough idea what it contains

Regarding Story and Changelogs from patches, I think those should be seperate things.
Especially the story could get a whole seperate windows with dialogs, quests, background stories of discovered characters etc.

1 Like

The game guide appears when we press G or a link to it appears when we press Esc, but there should be something more strightforward in game. Though I know most people don’t read the in game messages.

1 Like

As mentioned, you can already access the in-game Game Guide (G key by default) while playing LE, or visit the Community Game Guide for the same resource outside of the game, though it offers additional and expanded information not found in the in-game version. I recently finished updating it with all changes made in patch 0.8.4 – with a comprehensive changelog of these updates in my most recent post within the CGG.

Dammitt also added the in-game Game Guide resource to his LastEpochTools website with some additional information relating to Ailments, Timelines, and Dungeons.

While neither of these resources cover all your requests, I have been adding more of this type of information to the CGG and have additional sections & sub-sections planned for the future.

2 Likes

I am really scared by spoilers and don’t want to learn something which can spoil my gaming experience. Was this information in all of this guides mentioned by you officially approved by the devs of Last Epoch?

I don’t know what you’d consider as spoilers, but both the CGG and Dammitt’s GG resource take the in-game GG and try to expand upon it in some way.

From the options I provided, only the in-game GG is an official resource for the game.

I can’t think of anything in it that’s not an explanation of mechanical stuff?

Yeah, I’d agree that the in-game GG focuses solely on the explanation of game mechanics and, in my opinion, doesn’t offer any spoilers.

However, I do know that I’ve added some things to the CGG that could be considered as spoilers for some. In my eyes most of these are very minor, but I imagine each player has a different interpretation of what constitutes as a spoiler so I can’t say for certain how many of them exist in the CGG.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.