November 2023 Development Update

That’s what’s happening. 1.0 is the first cycle.

I kinda agree, but what timezone? UK, EU, US, AUS? And what about those people that work on the weekends (like retail staff)? Or shifts?

1 Like

You can’t please everyone. But the majority of people will have the weekend off.

As for timezone, I don’t really know. PoE starts at early night EU, which is early afternoon in US and late in the night for eastern countries. I don’t really have an opinion on that (as long as they don’t do the D3 way, which was to start the season at different times, so everyone started at their same local time).

Why not? As you say, then everyone would have the chance to start at the same(ish) local time rather than the US getting a “headstart” because it’s starting much earlier in the day for them. Everyone starting at 6pm on the Friday would be fairer from that point of view.

Sure, it seems fair, but on the other hand, if you’re in the US, the rest of the world is enjoying the season much sooner than you are. People will be streaming the new season and you can’t yet play. Not to mention spoilers that might come up.

I dunno, it’s not something that will bring consensus no matter what you do. Except starting on a friday, I guess. And even that won’t please everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

True. I have a suggestion that will fix all the problems.

All countries adopt GMT/BST as their official timezone & the working day starts at 9am (ish). They can also adopt the most sensible currency of all - GBP!!

2 Likes

I’m from Portugal and I agree with that. Not sure about the currency, especially after Brexit, but as long as it’s not bitcoin it’s all good :joy:

You gave us Piri Piri, we permit you to keep your monopoly money.

2 Likes

With community testing starting up now, have the devs set up anything, or talked to people like vision, about handling races with 1.0, or just leaderboards full stop etc…

Obviously there’s an advantage from being in the CT for that stuff, and I know PoE just don’t let there testers take part in races because of it, its a part of the terms of being a tester.

(and please dont do a d4 and say everyone starts from the same point so it doesnt matter lmao)

1 Like

I think that’s what they’d have to do TBH. As you say, if there’s any new content tested (which is the entire point of the testing) then the testers get to figure out how the new stuff works.

1 Like

Sure, but that’s what he meant. Testers already figured things out, best strategies, what works best or not, etc. As opposed to the rest that still have to figure that out at season/cycle launch. So letting them be part of the leaderboards/race to 100/whatever gives them an advantage over all the others.
Personally I don’t care that much, cause I was never a leaderboards/race kinda player, but I agree that it would be fair to keep testers out of it. They can still play and do everything else, of course.

Exactly, I was agreeing with her.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, my bad. I misread that.

Could you please elaborate on the attack speed for tempest strike? Do I assume right that attack speed will now actually increase attack speed?

New Tempest Strike will scale with attack speed the same way that other melee attack scale with it. There will also be plenty of opportunities to increase attack speed on its skill tree.

3 Likes

Obviously

Love it, thank you!

Looks good, I’m current using RTGI Reshade to make everything more grounded and with added GI, your improvements will be welcome!

So completely irrelevant but, why does the teleport pad thingy (is there a specific name for those?) rotate ~10 degrees clockwise with the new lighting change example? Or do the symbols rotate already in game and I’ve never noticed?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN???

Also those lighting changes look amazing, great job all around EHG, looking forward to the changes :smiley:

EDIT: Nevermind, I’m an idiot, they constantly spin lmao. Guess I’ve tuned them out after so many hours

The lighting/shadows issue has always been my #1 complaint. I’m glad it is finally being addressed, the samples look great. You guys have always been good at smoothing over every aspect of the game through development.

1 Like

cant wait. Hope we seem some love to some of the older masteries coming in the near future!

I’m sorry to write this here. I’m kinda new to this forum, and I really have no idea how else could I reach a developer. Furthermore, I have a suggestion about a part of the game that I had the opportunity to experience.

As of now, I have completed my first 110 hours in the game after release. I’ve decided to play a shuriken build because I saw many available items that I thought they could be helpful. And even if the build was fun at first, it became a struggle to do almost anything later on. I strongly believe that a rogue throwing build has potential (no pun intended) because of all throwing affixes already existing in the game and some great items that are exclusive to this build like Li’raka’s Claws and Bo’s Anarchy. What I identified as the main problem of the shuriken build is that no matter how good your gear or your level is, the Shuriken’s damage is never enough. So what if there was an item that can fix that? Because all in all, I don’t see why not.

Without further ado, may I present to you the Crow’s Deck.
Crow’s Deck is a unique relic.

• Adds 2 levels to Shuriken (for a direct power up)
  • Converts your shurikens into throwing cards [(throwing cards deal 10% more damage than shurikens) calculated last]
  • Whenever you attack with a throwing card, you gain a “Devilish Hand” stuck. Each “Devilish Hand” stuck increases your throwing attack speed, throwing damage and crit chance with your next throwing card by X amounts. The “Devilish Hand” can stuck up to 54 times (equal to cards in a deck) at which point it resets and begins anew.
  • Ace of Spades: In the 54th card (54th stuck of “Devilish Hand”) the throwing card cannot be dodged, has a 100% base crit chance, 100% physical penetration and deals 100% more damage.

So this is it. Thanks for reading it, and sorry for posting it here. I’ll be looking forward to any answer.