November 2023 Development Update

New featrues and stuff all good and well.

But those endgame scaling changes are the highlight for me personally.
If this works otu well, we will have way better gauges to compare and judge our characters and builds on top of having a smoother experience when wanting to push a character to its absolute limits.

3 Likes

These are really nice changes, that’s what this game is missing… For world to feel like there’s life in it
Keep going devs, love your work and keep making your game more alive💗

1 Like

Really Excited about these news, more than the other promised things (such as new classes and skills)

Finally, One of the best things I have read in recent patches :blush:

Another clear shot, nice to see this change.
One doubt if I may ask, this means rarity will increase faster or will it remain more or less as it is right now?

Monolith modifiers will no longer scale, both in difficulty and rarity, and only last up to three echoes, so you can’t stack as many of them. From these Monolith changes isolated, we expect an overall reduction in loot. However, these changes are not in isolation as 1.0 will also introduce Item Factions which will be your big method to boost loot.

2 Likes

Ok, we are getting “less” rarity from modifiers (as they will no long scale rarity and we can only stack rarity from 3 echoes now)
but that brings the question about the corruption factor in rarity. The corruption itself currently give us its own rarity numbers. The base number of rarity per corruption will remain about the same as we have now ?

Currently corruption still grants rarity at the same rate, though this is still subject to change.

They are, you might have missed it towards the end of Kain’s post:

I bolded the pertinent sections for you.

So it’ll be a net nerf to drop rates due to stacking fewer modifiers & those modifiers not scaling rarity with corruption then lower drop rates due to the nerf required due to adding trade. Would those nerfs be multiplicative or additive with each other? Do you have any idea approximately how much of a nerf that all equates to?

i see thanks

Loved the cinematic and loving the improved lightning and shadows. It’s going to be hard to put down the game until release as I had planned :slight_smile:

I don’t have any details at the current time regarding overall loot changes in tandem with Item Factions aside from the changes mentioned here. We’re currently reviewing feedback and data from the Community Tester program and will continue to do so to try to hit the right balance.

2 Likes

Haven’t been able to play much. But this is amazing to read. Looking forward to an amazing launch!

Edit: speaking of floatiness/lack of “weight”, there are a couple of big offenders imo aside from the scenes. One is the “moving around” of my character when clicking thru dialogue boxes; the other is the lever mechanisms (which btw, also feels overused). Finding and clicking the levers always reminds of those paper/cardboard toggles in the DIY toys I made as a kid.

2 Likes

Hm so I just realised you are releasing 1.0 it in the middle of the week on a Tuesday, exactly the same as Blizzard so regular people wont even be able to play for 10-14+ hours, so yeah unless you change the release im going to have to avoid which actually ridiculous since I cant book in 1 day of leave and I would very much like to play on release and im not keen on doing a 12 hours work day then starting LE 1.0 and going to bed after a few hours. This isnt how I play aRPGs on big releases, if I cant no life at first them I wont play

I honestly have no idea why your marketing or tencent or whoever decided this thinks this is a good release time, why not just move the time to a Friday US so everyone gets the weekend to play

New tempest strike looks sick.

if im to understand, it now does not have a proc chance, but simply cycles? this is a fantastic change. And sounds like you can still choose to focus on one if you so desire by removing the others.

finally time to get in there with a bit stick on shaman and go crazy.

Because if there are critical bugs/fixes to be made they don’t have to do that during their weekend, they have a week to do it.

5 Likes

Hi, really great endgame changes!

Could you please elaborate on the attack speed for tempest strike? Do I assume right that attack speed will now actually increase attack speed?

Also, I’ve seen players asking for statements on multiplayer and desync issues. Maybe you could address this in one of your next dev updates.

I’m a bit torn appart by the trailer. You miss the great storytelling and the action in it other games deliver better. it’s a nice trailer but I think there are a lot of missed opportunities to make it even better.
After all it’s a pretty brief summery of what is going on that is better presented like in other trailers that leave you with a lot of questionmarks.

1 Like

Changing maps can take 15-60 seconds while solo or with groups.
Utilizing flame dash and perhaps other movement skills getting stuck on pebbles or stairs, highly noticeable in some monolith echoes.
Perhaps preventing click and hold to run in place or backwards.

The trailer is really epic, but then I get into the game and it’s the same delayed load times and borderline janky movement skill usage that I have seen for nearly 3 months. Which leads me to just remind what Blizzard released with Diablo 4, it’s a solid time to prevent mistakes and clearly show other consumers what people with passion can do versus a company selling people a wallet opening platform with a soulless beta release attached.

Either way I love the game and excited for the future!

Oh the horror! Just imagine if there were critical bugs that reared their heads over a weekend on a Friday launch. I’m glad you value the wellbeing so highly.

Unless things have changed, the weekend will still be there for you to play as much as you desire/are able to.

That’s up to you, but that’s definitely a you issue, not a dev issue.

3 Likes

While I don’t think it matters at all for 1.0 (unless we immediately start with a cycle), I think that cycles should start at a friday. Only for the reason that more people have a chance to compete for the leaderboards. I don’t particularly care for leaderboards, but for those that do and those that race to 100, cycles should start on a friday, imo.

That’s what’s happening. 1.0 is the first cycle.

I kinda agree, but what timezone? UK, EU, US, AUS? And what about those people that work on the weekends (like retail staff)? Or shifts?

1 Like