Not really feeling the skills right now

Could it be you ticked Masochist mode by accident for your Sentinel?? While it is true that my Sentinel/Paladin was the lowest damage dealer of the 5 classes I’ve finished the game with, it wasn’t by very much. This is mysterious.

Any class without a mass of minions to do the heavy lifting and take hits has survival issues ATM. This only applies to act 7 in some cases and act 8 mostly. Act 8 seems tuned for multiplayer IMO as you can spread around the dmg and focus.

I feel like once the missing passives for sentinel are fleshed out and they rework Def not requiring 100% Gb and 75% Dodge the classes without pets will be more survivable. Until then they are forced to max out those skills and ignore skills that would help their own specific build unless they get a super good loot drop that gives it all.

This is why difficulty levels are a good thing not a bad thing… Easy, medium, hard, stupid… Its why so many games go this route to appeal to a different set of customers… Having no difficulty levels is crazy because you out certain groups of customers and your sales tank in the long run.

I have yet to even make one level 50 yet because of the difficulty and the crazy skill resets… Also i agree the early skills on some classes are just plain bad and the fact we cannot level up more than 5 skills means most skills are just never going to be used as many are far better as a skill than most…

Why they limited us to 5-6 skills is crazy and very limited.

And those starter skills on sentinel holy bad batman…

You might be onto something there. Is there any way I can tell?

I would say that levelling my mage I did 10 times more damage than the sentinel and that was with random gear and skills, unlike the sentinel where I’ve been trying hard to optimise everything with crafting. I’m level 48 now and things have been getting easier, I’ve switched to forge strike which actually does decent damage and has AOE. This is the type of skill I was asking for in the OP, it feels really nice to use.

NO way to tell. I started a Masochist character to check and he looks the same as all the others.

You could start a new Sentinel and play it for an hour to see if it’s different. In the long run it’ll be faster as I imagine end game enemies are absolute bullet sponges on Masochist.

I think there is something in the upper right or left corner of the character sheet. I may be misremembering but i seem to recall something that indicates those choices.

EDIT: Got back to my computer and it looks like I was wrong. Can’t seem to find it. I could swear I remember seeing something that labelled these in a corner of something. They were also color coded so they stood out slightly. Don’t know what I’m remembering.

If we cannot tell after char creation this is definitely one for the wish list!

There is a way to tell if you’re in Masochist or not: while you’re in game on that character, press Esc and then open the Settings menu, and then click on the rightmost tab at the top that says Challenges. Underneath Masochist Challenge it’ll either say “Enabled” or “Disabled”. It also seems like you can revert the current character back to non-masochist mode if you press the button below that says “Disable Masochist” in that menu.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.