Network lag/issues Megathread

usually after longer gaming sessions of a few hours (but can also be around 10), the game somehow puts some kind of massive load on my internet connection. my ingame ping from there on is 1000+ which makes my internet connection(browsing etc.) completely unusable while being ingame. restarting the game doesnt fix this. the only thing i can do then (afaik), is restarting the router/modem, which resets this whole process

Are the Devs aware of this issue? I have the same problems as everyone else, can do 1 or 2 echoes then its lagged out or Desync then I have to log out and back in just to do 2 more echos… Really sucks.

1 Like

Never got a dev comment on this issue so far.

During Multiplayer whenever i tried to teleport to the other members, i always get infinite loading screen every single time basically make multiplayer unplayable.

I have no way to confirm it, but I would put money on the fact that they are very aware of these issues. They dont always respond to individual bug posts - especially ones that are not simple issues - but they always read them. The last patch notes includes a line item related to this that they are busy with.

If you want to get a more direct answer on if they are working on these issues (imho, it would be redundant but go ahead) , Discord is likely the best place to confirm.

1 Like

have anyone having this issue tried to play lately ? Is it still the same or did it get any better ?

I had waaay less issues in the last month, when compared to the previous ones. Some ocasional desync, but significantly less common.

Toggled AoE spells have adverse effects since 0.9i to current.

Ive posted about it but its just gotten buried. My main char - Acolyte-Lich used the Aura of Decay and that has a self damage to the player while its active and when it toggles off. My character takes way way more damage than its supposed to now and nothing has really changed on my character except all my resistances exceed the 75% cap. My Poison Resist is 199% and my Necro Resist is 174%. If i toggle AoD my character can only live for 5-7 seconds before the point of no return resulting in death if I toggle it off to take the extra damage. The self inflicted damage has increased exponentially. and it just keeps increasing instead of being a stable consistent percentage. i.e. before it used to go like 2%, 4%, 6%, 8% and stay at 8% ticks countered by regeneration. Now its going 2, 4, 8, 16. Not exact numbers but you should have the point im making.

Have you increased your dmg? Because iirc self inflicted poison by aod also scale with your dmg

Yes my damage has increased, im aware that its scale by % of damage. I figured this may have been a cause but its not. I have dropped the amount of damage & % increase to poison damage and the problem still is there. The damage is multiplying outside of its normal tic rate %. It get worse when you enter Reaper Form.

I always keep my old gear in case new gear doesnt work out for my build, so I even swapped back to an old set and the issue persists. Ive even unequiped all weapons and gear. Respec the trees in case a point got messed up.

Ive checked the patch notes and nothing has been done on the Acolyte side in terms of Balancing or Nerfs in the last 3-4 updates for anything in my build specifically.

To me this feels like a RTT delay from client to server back to client and its padding the client side with bad packets causing it to update the damage rapidly with larger sums. I am experiencing the same issues many others are having like getting randomly 1-shot but ice golems blast and other enemy abilities when before I was not. Ive been in the same Epoch levels for a at least month because I took a break and pop in here and there to see if this issue stopped.

here is a video i made a couple weeks ago showing whats still happening right now.
0.9k - Last Epoch 0.9k - Aura of Decay & Reaper Form Player Damage Bug - YouTube
0.9l - Last Epoch v0.9L - YouTube

Aura of Decay should not be killing me, only bringing me to half health and sustained at half health via HP regen boosts & ability/spec counters.

Do you guys have the “sticky” issue when moving stuff around in your inv in online mode?

I can deal with the unreasonably long loading times between regions (or, the variability in them anyways) but the fact that I can’t organise my inventory all the time whilst playing because it just sticks and lags takes away from the flow quite a lot. On my offline chars it’s snappy as can be with no issues.

I got an ADSL speed. I can’t finish any arena echo. My character and all the monsters just stay immobile for a while, then my character suddenly dies.
Not going to lie, that disgusted me a bit. I’ll be back if this is ever fixed… or if the cursed companies that are supposed to install fiber in my street ever do what they are paid for.

I have been experiencing that it can completely stop some radio streaming I was listening to at the same time.
After doing lots of research, it really seems to be LE shutting down my internet rather than ADSL issues stopping LE

1 Like

Hey y’all

If you hadnt heard yet, there’s a new patch and they are reworking the networking. Some of the rework is included in the patch.

If you didnt refund the game, you could try it now and see if its better for you.

+1 - Whenever I load the game my internet connection just bottoms out completely even though I’m technically still connected. Bit of a lay person when it comes to all this, so you’ll pardon my lack of jargon. Tried it with a VPN to no avail as well.

+1
Unstable EUWest connection

• stable ping to 8.8.8.8 avg~25ms
  • unstable ping to the game server avg~180ms+
  • unreasonable long loading screens (20sec+)
  • mobs still spawn and might even kill you before you can see them
  • no package loss either on my side

Many ppl still having same issue it seems. I saw some topics for this LE issue on Reddit too. And still no negative or positive dev comment here. It’s sad and embarrassing.

1 Like

So, they are about to release 1.0 - with this kind of networking. I didn’t see them switch away from the unmaintained, buggy networking core or did I miss it?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.