Network lag/issues Megathread

God the desync and having to relog constantly is so frustrating in this game hopefully next patch they address it.

2 Likes

My friend started having these issues recently and keeps needing to relog every other monolith to be able to play them (and happens often in the campaign as well).

Well i give up, the lack of acknowledgment to this issue is heart breaking.

Hope it gets fixed in 1.0

1 Like

Reported data loss via the support page.

New to the game and had been enjoying the game until now.

Lost from Chapter 8 to Chapter 9. Was about level 54 and it backtracked me to 49. What are the chances they are going to be able to restore this data? Does playing offline save the data on the PC/Steam rather than with EHG? Can we move the save data from online to offline?

It’s just unreal to play in online version on glasscanon dynamic class, too much desync/lags of all things on the screen (projectiles, aoe, character’s abilities and monster’s casts)… Hope this network stuff is high-priority for developers

I’m pretty new, bought the game after 0.9 came out, and have been having all sorts of desync problems, especially during peak hours. Excited enough about the game to come here and +1 this post… it’s had me wanting to ragequit several times in my first ~9 hours of gameplay.

really it’s a testament to the quality of gameplay that I’m here posting at all… please please please fix this.

Multiplayer is obviously not ready for release. This is ridiculous - I’ve had no response from support on what’s been done to work on this issue, and the game is unplayable in multiplayer.

Maybe EHG should test things properly before releasing them. Also it would be a good idea if they communicated properly with people to let them know what the issue is with this, and what’s been done to fix it.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone buy this game at the moment with it in such a poor state, which is a pity, because it was fine up until multiplayer was released.

Hi All,

I don’t know if this is coincidence or not - I checked my modem tonight, and it has UDP flood protection. Default was 2000 packets/sec with a 10sec timeout.

I changed it to 8000 packets/sec and played for an hour straight afterwards. I did notice some very brief pausing that lasted less than a second at times.

I don’t know if this has changed anything or if something else has changed - I’ll test more tomorrow.

After 0.9g, zones still randomly take extremely long to load. Sometimes a zone will load almost instantly, sometimes the same zone will take 5+ mins to load.

Campaign is a pain to do because zones are so small that I spend more time loading than actually doing stuff, and quests like A Study in Time that require 6 zone loads minimum are an absolute joke, 4 mins of gameplay for up to 30mins of loading

Im still running into infinite loading screens and desync. heres hoping sooner or later they fix it.
I recommend everyone learn how to record clips with Nvidia Geforce Experience and similar software to send to EHG support team so they hunt down the bugs.
its all we can really do to help them figure it out to be fixed.

Game is still in beta and not released. I actually have had no issues in multiplayer with my friends. Other end of the coin here.

You have an apparently significant part of the playerbase dealing with a problem that clearly affects playability, and your answer is basically: “I have no issues, so it’s not a problem”.
That is not adding anything constructive to a conversation.

Dealing with the same issue, if the devs publicly acknowledge it and request information, I will gladly provide what I can.

1 Like

Optimization part of the patch notes for 0.9g does reference these issues, so I do think they acknowledge the issue.

Except if you were active on areas such as discord, you would see them live responding to people and acknowledging this exact issue. It’s easy to get frustrated and blinded because you can’t play and lash out. Try and do a bit of research before sitting on the forums accusing the devs of ignoring the issue :). As per your comment about “apparently significant part of the playerbase”… People who cannot play will always be the loudest on the bug forums, you have no internal metric numbers indicating what percentage of the playerbase is affected so that claim is unproven and not based in fact.

I am active on the discord, and I asked about it (albeit making a wrong assumption about back-end multiplayer infrastructure in the process based on the answer). I also got a pretty generic answer that didn’t really say much. I really appreciate how communicative they are on the discord. I’m talking about the forum post itself. Do look at my next post on this issue, an hour before you, where I corrected myself on them acknowledging the issue in the patch notes.

Secondly, you might not realize what kind of players actually bother with bug reports on forums, but the average players will not put in the effort. Which means that most bug reports rarely get much traction, if more than 10 replies at all. I spent some time bug hunting / replicating on warframe some years ago when I ran out of content, the level of activity was kind of sad, given the active playerbase. A post as active as this, specifically after a week and a patch meant to address it, does not happen that often in my limited experience, so I do consider it significant.

1 Like

I would love if it they acknowledged whether the flood of tiny UDP packets I saw in my network capture that went above 2000 packets per second is either 1) expected but it’s causing issues they didn’t foresee, or 2) not expected, and they’re trying to understand why it happens, or even 3) not what they think is happening to other players experiencing this issue, etc.

That level of engagement I think gets much closer to the issue than sharing videos of people getting desynced which at this point I think are very minimally useful. It certainly sounds like there are plenty of players here with enough technical knowledge to do some local debugging, but they need to give us a direction.

I’ve given up for now and am playing offline, which kind of sucks since now I have a split stash. Oh well.

2 Likes

Well said @ Darkvamper97

We need more constructive posts about this issue. We all are aware that there is large part of the player base is playing the game without a problem. But this needs acknowledgment from the devs. Because it is not a trivial issue.

I got this game back in 2019 and i wanna see it succeed. This is not steam review page where everyone bitch and moan, we are here trying to provide information as much as possible. Look how much info has been gathered without a direction, and now imagine how much more can be gathered if someone actually worked with these people.

3 Likes

Just Here to Pus 1, after 0.9g2 patch cant play at all, essentially opening the game kills my internet connection. And cant play even then LE-51 errors right away and games gets stuck there cant even play offline sadge :frowning:

1 Like

Im still experiencing desync and online mode issues while playing solo online after 0.9g2 im assuming these hotfixes were targeted at rollbacks and progression lost bug though.

Im still waiting in hopes the next patch will make it so I can play w/o having to constantly relog.

I’ve been playing on my Sorcerer for three days now and my third day has been riddled with connection issues (introduction of the new patch). After opening my second monolith, the server stops responding to my actions and i cannot play anymore. It does not matter if i use a teleportation skill or not, i still have the same issue (a fix that was suggested by others).

Hoping this gets resolved fast as this prevents me from playing the game.

1 Like